Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Whatchu mean dude, you don't use madden to hone your ATC skills?

The best part of that is what I know of the Bid is military people have to apply and he seemed to work at an Air Force base. Interviewing someone who hasn't even gone through this STELLER hiring process.

And now we play the waiting game...
I still haven't watched it, is it really that bad lol
Honestly, I don’t quite understand how gaming skills apply to ATC.

I mean, it probably does in some capacity, but I don’t see how gaming skills are gonna help gamers with memorization, arithmetic, solving variables, logic questions, reading comprehension questions, etc., which are all sections of the ATSA we need to pass.

But idk shit about gaming, so maybe others can argue the other side lol.

I mean, it probably does in some capacity, but I don’t see how gaming skills are gonna help gamers with memorization, arithmetic, solving variables, logic questions, reading comprehension questions, etc., which are all sections of the ATSA we need to pass.

I agree, outside of high-level gamers there aren't a lot of useful/transferrable skills. Like, example, I played Starcraft at a near pro level for years, and at some level that helped my focus and micro management, but I wouldn't at all say it transfers to ATC easily. I guess it's a to each their own kind of thing, and time will tell, but I just see it as a hollow attempt at gaining more interest.

The best part of that is what I know of the Bid is military people have to apply and he seemed to work at an Air Force base. Interviewing someone who hasn't even gone through this STELLER hiring process.
Any FAA controller, prior service or not, is eligible to work at Andrews.

It really depends on the kinds of games you play. I didn't watch the ad, so idk if they mentioned specifics, but I've definitely played some games that would be helpful, both in the ATSA and in the job. However, the average gamer is not going to be playing those games. So, I agree. This was dumb.

How many people who see themselves as gamers and were drawn by the FAAs gamer pitch applied to this bid? What games do you play and what rank/mmr are you?

Nice! Now forget this ever happened until you're invited to take the ATSA, which could be many months lol
Maaan, I'll try my best! I wanna get out of working retail, lmao. It's tough to be chill about it since it's my first OTS bid; I'm pretty geeked.
I know many people say there's no true way to prepare for ATSA. In your experience, how true is that?

Maaan, I'll try my best! I wanna get out of working retail, lmao. It's tough to be chill about it since it's my first OTS bid; I'm pretty geeked.
I know many people say there's no true way to prepare for ATSA. In your experience, how true is that?
I think the main thing that could help you is just staying sharp on basic math skills, and doing those "brain games" type things for memory and all that. I've heard of practice courses you can pay for but I don't have any experience with those

I would 100% recommend ATCPrep.com

Totally worth the money. Super close to the actual test. I started practicing with it as soon as I applied and got BQ. I would also say, if you want, practice some SAT reading comprehension type questions, and you're golden. I did use the PC version, not the iPad version, but my friend used the iPad and told me that the PC one was better.

Totally worth the money. Super close to the actual test. I started practicing with it as soon as I applied and got BQ. I would also say, if you want, practice some SAT reading comprehension type questions, and you're golden. I did use the PC version, not the iPad version, but my friend used the iPad and told me that the PC one was better.
I haven't used ATCPrep.com, but I've been practicing with JobTestPrep, and it's amazing. I highly recommend it.

Also used ATCPrep, also got BQ. The one thing I'd warn about is over-prepping with the tools available. If you spend too much time using the prep tools you'll notice patterns that won't be the same as the real thing so you don't want to start relying on those patterns as a shortcut.

Back
Top Bottom