Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

I have heard of people in previous hiring threads that get BQ or WQ and don't get referred. So I was just curious if it shows if you get referred right away when you find out your placement.
I've been referred the last 2 bids and here I am so.... no. Not guaranteed anything, referred just means you made it to the next step in the selection process.

I am wondering if I screwed up the radar simulation badly. After the first few simulations, I realized that maybe I should be pressing 0 after I have removed all potential collisions from the screen, and not only when the scenario has no potential collisions to begin with. So I began doing that.

Was this correct, or have I invalidated all of my otherwise-correct responses? Perhaps it won't even be taken into account, because they are just looking for how many collisions I prevented and how many balls I removed unnecessarily? I really hope I didn't destroy my score on the section...
I believe that you should only press 0 if there are no collisions in the round. If there were collisions in the round you shouldn't press 0 at all--even at the end. That's how I understood the instructions?

Ah OK. What’s the highest score you’ve previously gotten on the ATSA?
I was BQ first time and Q last time. My thought process is if the score I got on the ATSA wasnt good enough last time, just retake it.

What happened after you got referred? How come you've had to reapply?
The next bid came open. They don't pick everyone who applies to the job and gets referred, they just fill what they need. The application changes from "referred" to a list has been made and you have not been selected. Slightly frustrating but here I am again

I was BQ first time and Q last time. My thought process is if the score I got on the ATSA wasnt good enough last time, just retake it.

The next bid came open. They don't pick everyone who applies to the job and gets referred, they just fill what they need. The application changes from "referred" to a list has been made and you have not been selected. Slightly frustrating but here I am again
Ah man that sucks. So you just wait for a TOL after you get referred? Thats annoying.

Oh wow. But why did you retake it if you got BQ the first time since that's the highest score you can get, and it's valid for -- what is it -- like three years?

I hope it works out for you this time!

Oh wow. But why did you retake it if you got BQ the first time since that's the highest score you can get, and it's valid for -- what is it -- like three years?

I hope it works out for you this time!
Well I got BQ but still didn't get picked. From my understanding, Which can be extremely wrong so take this with a grain of salt, Someone explained it to me by saying hypothetically, scores that were 100%-80% correct answers were BQ, 80%-60% correct answers were Q and so on, like a grading scale in school, and they start at the top scorers and go down the list. So I got BQ but assume I was at the low end of the scale, so people who got a score of 100 were picked before the guy with a score of 80. That's why I retake every year. The score wasn't good enough last time, what makes me think it'll be good enough this time around.

Or I fucked myself by retaking. No one knows, that's half the fun.

Well I got BQ but still didn't get picked. From my understanding, Which can be extremely wrong so take this with a grain of salt, Someone explained it to me by saying hypothetically, scores that were 100%-80% correct answers were BQ, 80%-60% correct answers were Q and so on, like a grading scale in school, and they start at the top scorers and go down the list. So I got BQ but assume I was at the low end of the scale, so people who got a score of 100 were picked before the guy with a score of 80. That's why I retake every year. The score wasn't good enough last time, what makes me think it'll be good enough this time around.

That actually kinda makes sense except there's a Well Qualified too, so maybe BQ is 90-100%, and WQ is 80-89%. Lol who tf knows.

Yeah I have thought the same. It has to be some kind of scale. But who knows. Just gotta keep on trying

I’m pretty sure there was people who got BQ in 2020 bid and didn’t make it where a WQ or even just Q made it, who really knows how it works it’s a mystery. Just consider yourself to be blessed if you get to entertain yourself on even getting to the academy.

I have heard of people in previous hiring threads that get BQ or WQ and don't get referred. So I was just curious if it shows if you get referred right away when you find out your placement.
They don't get referred because they probably missed something in their application, like correctly uploading a transcript or work documents or something.

But if you did get referred, not everyone who gets referred gets a TOL. That is another anxiety-inducing part of this process after we find out our placement next month. It depends on the the hiring cap that they're trying to fill (like if they are hiring 1000 people this year, they'll first hire people with BQs, and then WQ, and then if there are any more spots left -which is rare- then they'll go to Q). You also have to remember that there are two pools. This is why many people who scored Q take the test again to try to get a higher score band for a better chance on the next bid

After we get our placement and whether we are referred or not, we have to wait again for a month or 2 to find out TOL status. Don't think it ends there because there's so many more parts of the selection process after that where it's just a waiting game. We just have to hang tight and take it one step at a time

Last edited:
They don't get referred because they probably missed something in their application, like correctly uploading a transcript or work documents or something.

But if you did get referred, not everyone who gets referred gets a TOL. That is another anxiety-inducing part of this process after we find out our placement next month. It depends on the the hiring cap that they're trying to fill (like if they are hiring 1000 people this year, they'll first hire people with BQs, and then WQ, and then if there are any more spots left -which is rare- then they'll go to Q). You also have to remember that there are two pools. This is why many people who scored Q take the test again to try to get a higher score band for a better chance on the next bid

After we get our placement and whether we are referred or not, we have to wait again for a month or 2 to find out TOL status. Don't think it ends there because there's so many more parts of the selection process after that where it's just a waiting game. We just have to hang tight and take it one step at a time
And the dreaded MMPI … if we make it that far. ?

Back
Top Bottom