Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ALLSRCE-79187

57,000? Didn't read the article. Just seems a bit high.

It is high, but the FAA had a huge advertising campaign before this bid started. I think it was even mentioned on the national nightly news. I'm not sure how often that's ever happened before.

It is high, but the FAA had a huge advertising campaign before this bid started. I think it was even mentioned on the national nightly news. I'm not sure how often that's ever happened before.
Up until the last couple years, I think it’s safe to say the overwhelming majority of applicants already had some connection to the industry (CTI, family/friends, other aviation jobs, etc). Now they’re getting applications from everywhere. Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people who applied to this bid don’t even really understand what the job is yet. Probably just saw an ad for “six figure paycheck, no experience necessary!” and threw their name in the hat.

Up until the last couple years, I think it’s safe to say the overwhelming majority of applicants already had some connection to the industry (CTI, family/friends, other aviation jobs, etc). Now they’re getting applications from everywhere. Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people who applied to this bid don’t even really understand what the job is yet. Probably just saw an ad for “six figure paycheck, no experience necessary!” and threw their name in the hat.
But little they know what it takes to pass the academy. Hard work, studying and loads of stress.

Hope it went well! How do you think it went? Think you would have done any different should you have prep?
I think I did better than the first two times taking it. One, because I knew what to expect and wasn't nervous about it, and two, because I didn't get used to the prep software available so it wasn't in my mind to hit different keys and get used to the wrong timing. I still feel like I messed up a few times but I'm sure we all do that a little bit, however I let it go and kept going and figured out a different way that works for me to get through it and hopefully score better :)

I think I did better than the first two times taking it. One, because I knew what to expect and wasn't nervous about it, and two, because I didn't get used to the prep software available so it wasn't in my mind to hit different keys and get used to the wrong timing. I still feel like I messed up a few times but I'm sure we all do that a little bit, however I let it go and kept going and figured out a different way that works for me to get through it and hopefully score better :)
Good luck I’m rooting for you honestly you deserve it at this point!

You're right because that was literally me in the 2019 bid. I knew what an F16, and F22, and a F117 was and that was about it for aviation. But the process is so long I got a lot of research done before I got my date.

Hey guys here is an update on pool 2 from the ATCHiring thread on Reddit:

“I know that a lot of you, including myself, have been anxious to hear anything back. Today I finally got some more information about what’s happening. Due to the overwhelming amount of applicants, testing will indeed be separate for Pool 1 and Pool 2. If you’re pool one and you haven’t received an invite, but you know that your application qualifies and your USAJobs application does not say that you’re disqualified, you should contact FAA Aviation Careers as there may have been a system error. If you’re Pool 2, applications are still being reviewed until the end of September and you’ll be updated after that time on whether or not you’re authorized to test. I hope this gives people some peace of mind. They’re doing this process a bit different this time around since there are close to 60,000 applicants!”

Hey guys here is an update on pool 2 from the ATCHiring thread on Reddit:

“I know that a lot of you, including myself, have been anxious to hear anything back. Today I finally got some more information about what’s happening. Due to the overwhelming amount of applicants, testing will indeed be separate for Pool 1 and Pool 2. If you’re pool one and you haven’t received an invite, but you know that your application qualifies and your USAJobs application does not say that you’re disqualified, you should contact FAA Aviation Careers as there may have been a system error. If you’re Pool 2, applications are still being reviewed until the end of September and you’ll be updated after that time on whether or not you’re authorized to test. I hope this gives people some peace of mind. They’re doing this process a bit different this time around since there are close to 60,000 applicants!”
And only 1,500 are getting TOL’s gl everyone lol

How was the logical reasoning part?

How was the logical reasoning part?
Same format as normal. I actually thought it had slightly easier question/answer pairs this time, or I've just gotten better at them. They used more tables and "look at the table, the answer is clear if you can read" kind of questions on my test

Back
Top Bottom