Facility requiring trainees to have vaccine or have training suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They absolutely are. The Vaccine was sold to people as a solution to the pandemic by Fauci and the CDC, as a step to herd immunity. The argument was that if you got vaccinated, you didn’t have to worry anymore, and you would be doing your part to end lockdowns and mask mandates.

Remember this?

View attachment 6489

Instead of those promises being kept, we’re going back to mask mandates and at least partial lockdowns. What should happened is the CDC being honest and saying herd inmunity through vaccination is not going to happen, encourage vaccination but not mandate it, and let everything be, accepting Covid as the new, deadlier flu and going on with our lives.

There needs to be a line drawn in the sand, recognizing that Covid is here to stay, and shutting down life to attempt to get rid of it is not realistic.

Ironically, I’d bet the rest of your “science evolves and it’s totally not goalposts being moved” is going to show this as a lie eventually too.
I’m sorry that science changes. Your prolly one of those guys that hates new arrivals cus it’s different

For the people who don’t think the goal posts have moved and it’s simply the science changing, how long are you willing to go along with it? Are you willing to wear a mask in public for the rest of your life if that’s what the CDC recommends? Obviously it hasn’t gotten to the point where enough is enough yet for you, so what does that point look like? Seems to me this is the new flu and it’s about time we learn to live with the risk to presents, just like we live with all the other risk in our lives.

They absolutely are. The Vaccine was sold to people as a solution to the pandemic by Fauci and the CDC, as a step to herd immunity. The argument was that if you got vaccinated, you didn’t have to worry anymore, and you would be doing your part to end lockdowns and mask mandates.

Remember this?

View attachment 6489

Instead of those promises being kept, we’re going back to mask mandates and at least partial lockdowns. What should happened is the CDC being honest and saying herd inmunity through vaccination is not going to happen, encourage vaccination but not mandate it, and let everything be, accepting Covid as the new, deadlier flu and going on with our lives.

There needs to be a line drawn in the sand, recognizing that Covid is here to stay, and shutting down life to attempt to get rid of it is not realistic.

Ironically, I’d bet the rest of your “science evolves and it’s totally not goalposts being moved” is going to show this as a lie eventually too.

I don't remember the vaccine ever being advertised as a one off solution besides in memes...which are questionable as advertisement to begin with.

I mean through your arguement we should just accept Aryans as the new deadlier race and move on with it despite having means to circumvent the issue.

For the people who don’t think the goal posts have moved and it’s simply the science changing, how long are you willing to go along with it? Are you willing to wear a mask in public for the rest of your life if that’s what the CDC recommends? Obviously it hasn’t gotten to the point where enough is enough yet for you, so what does that point look like? Seems to me this is the new flu and it’s about time we learn to live with the risk to presents, just like we live with all the other risk in our lives.

You too buddy.

The issue at hand isn't that the prescribed methods don't work, it's that enough idiots believe snake oil is better than what's being prescribed and opt out making the prescription null and void. People believe a filter over your respiratory system doesn't prevent respiratory sickness yet still change the filter on their F950s with 962 inch lifts, HIDs, and 12 foot tow mirrors (aside from the fact they never tow in the first place) because it helps the longevity of an engine.

You’re*

Science may change, but grammar doesn’t.

But yeah, I’ve had it with goalpost moving. People like you will comply with whatever the CDC comes up, and nothing will change that.

Going after Grammer is essentially tapping on the arguement.

CDC=centuries of pandemic level virology research.

Dude on .65=nutted in strictly Nike only socks during Empry Riddle

Which you gonna trust?

Wearing a mask is the right thing to do wether it’s covid or the flu. It’s the courteous thing to do to other people to not get them sick. New data comes out all the time changing scientists/doctors/researches opinions/advice. These people are not all in on some big conspiracy. It doesn’t make sense

Wearing a mask is the right thing to do wether it’s covid or the flu. It’s the courteous thing to do to other people to not get them sick. New data comes out all the time changing scientists/doctors/researches opinions/advice. These people are not all in on some big conspiracy. It doesn’t make sense

Dude...the entirety of the world is in on it to deprive TimShady of his union dues because his life is that important. Ishmael in Morcco says "Fuck TimShady, I want my PS5"*

*Ishmael may or may not have been offered a PS5 to make these statements.

Fox News, See above example...

I certainly think there's merit to the "this is the new normal, learn to deal with it" mentality. I'm pretty much there myself, though more because I have no faith in a good portion of society to do what needs to be done more than covid forever is an enevitability regardless of what we do.

I don't think it's ethically justifiable from a gov standpoint (read: not the same as businesses/employers/schools etc requiring it) to force people to get vaccinated, however I do wonder what a whole ass attempt at squashing this thing instead of the half assed piecemeal attempt we've been doing the past 18 months would do as far as burning this thing out, but that would require science education we've spent the last 30 years ignoring, petty politics getting out of said science, and people looking out for the good of their communities instead of just themselves, and that ship sailed a looking time ago.

Wearing that piece of cotton over your face isn't doing shit. N95, yes. But what the vast majority of people are wearing isn't slowing an aerosol virus from spreading.

You know what's funny. A group of people who see the idiocracy of government 5-6 days a week pointing to other parts of the government as a reason to do or not do something.

Wearing that piece of cotton over your face isn't doing shit. N95, yes. But what the vast majority of people are wearing isn't slowing an aerosol virus from spreading.

You know what's funny. A group of people who see the idiocracy of government 5-6 days a week pointing to other parts of the government as a reason to do or not do something.
Our government isn’t the only one who recommends a mask so I don’t see how the government argument is valid.

Our government isn’t the only one who recommends a mask so I don’t see how the government argument is valid.
Lol so if other governments say the same thing, it must be true.

particle emission from homemade cloth masks—likely from shed fiber fragments—can substantially exceed emission when no mask is worn, a result that confounds assessment of their efficacy at blocking expiratory particle emission. Although no direct measurements of virus emission or infectivity were performed here, the results raise the possibility that shed fiber particulates from contaminated cotton masks might serve as sources of aerosolized fomites

To date, however, none have investigated the effectiveness of masks across a range of expiratory activities, and limited consideration has been given to different mask types. Furthermore, no studies to date have considered the masks themselves as potential sources of aerosol particles.
Surprisingly, wearing an unwashed single layer t-shirt (U-SL-T) mask while breathing yielded a significant increase in measured particle emission rates compared to no mask, increasing to a median of 0.61 particles/s. The rates for some participants (F1 and F4) exceeded 1 particle/s, representing a 384% increase from the median no-mask value.

The vast majority of masks aren't doing shit. Even if "85%" effective, it might as well be near zero with how we all work right next to each other.

Efficacy of masks and face coverings in controlling outward aerosol particle emission from expiratory activities - Scientific Reports

Wearing the face diaper in a passing encounter can help. Sitting next to something for over an hour while talking the whole time, not so much, unless it's an N95. And that's not 100% effective.

Reactions: twn
Lol so if other governments say the same thing, it must be true.

The vast majority of masks aren't doing shit. Even if "85%" effective, it might as well be near zero with how we all work right next to each other.

Efficacy of masks and face coverings in controlling outward aerosol particle emission from expiratory activities - Scientific Reports

Wearing the face diaper in a passing encounter can help. Sitting next to something for over an hour while talking the whole time, not so much, unless it's an N95. And that's not 100% effective.
If all governments say the same thing then maybe it’s better than doing nothing. Or do you think they’re all part of a lizard cabal

If all governments say the same thing then maybe it’s better than doing nothing. Or do you think they’re all part of a lizard cabal
Or maybe a bullshit mask that does nothing provides a massive false sense of security, and makes people think they are "doing something " because it's the "right thing to do". And those people then go worship the intelligence of the incompetent government.

Or maybe a bullshit mask that does nothing provides a massive false sense of security, and makes people think they are "doing something " because it's the "right thing to do". And those people then go worship the intelligence of the incompetent government.
You’re right everyone else in the world is on this conspiracy theory thank god you and the people who haven’t done any years of medical school have the best recommendations. Can I ask your thoughts on the hoax of climate change

Can someone explain to me how the goal posts have kept being moved? I keep hearing that excuse but don’t see it. If anything, first the anti-maskers said they’re not wearing a mask they’re waiting for the vaccine it’s the only thing that will work. Now there’s a vaccine and they’re saying they’re sticking with their sunshine and prayers. Those are the only goal posts I’ve seen moved.

Not sure if serious

Does this include the academy?

Oh yea. In fact, the MMAC campus might have been the quickest FAA 'facility' to implement the requirement.

I'm currently here for radar training. Our class went on break and a classmate checked his email to discover the MOU update email. During our next problem run, not 20 minutes later, the night facility manager walked in with a handful of masks. We literally paused the problem to listen to his spiel, mask up, and then continued on..

Oh yea. In fact, the MMAC campus might have been the quickest FAA 'facility' to implement the requirement.

I'm currently here for radar training. Our class went on break and a classmate checked his email to discover the MOU update email. During our next problem run, not 20 minutes later, the night facility manager walked in with a handful of masks. We literally paused the problem to listen to his spiel, mask up, and then continued on..
Your username triggers me

Shikaka I got you bro

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN
Mask Trash GIF by 100% Soft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom