FAM Flight Status

I believe the powers that be consider any type of flying perks/discounts to be a conflict of interest. I guess someone believes if Delta were to offer controllers a 10% discount and Spirit only 5%, then we’d put every DAL in front of every NKS every chance we get.
I agree this is the reason. What I find funny is they are going to nickel and dime us on this as if it’s a huge conflict of interest but somewhere politician is taking an insider trading tip and are even allowed to trade at all or take a political donation from a lobbyist at all and I’ll only use him because he was last, trump can hire his entire family, can stay at his properties and charge the secret service and the government for his staff to stay there with him, most likely outrageous rates. And no one cares…..

I believe the powers that be consider any type of flying perks/discounts to be a conflict of interest. I guess someone believes if Delta were to offer controllers a 10% discount and Spirit only 5%, then we’d put every DAL in front of every NKS every chance we get.
True dat. And really, what’s the airline‘s incentive to give out free $? To ATC, catering, fuelers etc

I agree this is the reason. What I find funny is they are going to nickel and dime us on this as if it’s a huge conflict of interest but somewhere politician is taking an insider trading tip and are even allowed to trade at all or take a political donation from a lobbyist at all and I’ll only use him because he was last, trump can hire his entire family, can stay at his properties and charge the secret service and the government for his staff to stay there with him, most likely outrageous rates. And no one cares…..
Yes, the same goes for the stupid rules that we’re technically banned from owning any stock that’s even remotely connected to aviation, but the “leaders” in Washington have literally become millionaires off their official positions.

I don’t necessarily know what the incentive for airlines would be to offer us any kind of discount/perks, but it would be nice if it was allowed. Maybe at least make FAM flights less formal and allow people to do it in conjunction with leave.

I can wait on fams coming back, what I'd really like is access to the airport terminal.
I'm responsible for the safety of thousands of people at the airport, and so trusted that I can work alone overnight. But I can't get me some peets/good eats on a lunch break.

I can wait on fams coming back, what I'd really like is access to the airport terminal.
I'm responsible for the safety of thousands of people at the airport, and so trusted that I can work alone overnight. But I can't get me some peets/good eats on a lunch break.
The local airports control that I think. Your atm should talk to the airport manager.

But if your not actively working in a SIDA area you are still supposed to go through security

The local airports control that I think. Your atm should talk to the airport manager.

But if your not actively working in a SIDA area you are still supposed to go through security
I would fully expect to have to go through security. As it stands, that's not even an option.
Pretty sure the general consensus is that since we don't have a need to be there, they aren't going to give us access.

As far as talking to Airport manager, we've gone through a couple airport managers and couple ATMs, and our ATMs have no investment in even trying to have the conversation.

Who tf has credible info on when this shit comes back. Wtf are we waiting for?
A new elms course needs to be created and vetted with updated info. Along with changing or ensuring the cass system still works properly. They “dont have money to work on it right now.” Then the info needs to be approved by outside agencies and the airlines. Once they give the green light to start development, it’ll be at least 6 months.

A new elms course needs to be created and vetted with updated info. Along with changing or ensuring the cass system still works properly. They “dont have money to work on it right now.” Then the info needs to be approved by outside agencies and the airlines. Once they give the green light to start development, it’ll be at least 6 months.
And what was wrong with the old elms?

Back
Top Bottom