I'm curious what others have experienced. I've always tried to do the maximum 2 per year. This last time I flew United prior to 8am... full breakfast in the cockpit, had no idea that even existed. Anyone else have any good FAM stories or tips/tricks for the rest of us?
- Can go on two per year
- You cannot leave or return on your RDO's or use leave in between flights
- Essentially turns your two day weekend into a four day weekend (Your facility may charge you a few hours of leave on the front and back end)
- Need to submit your paperwork at least 21 days in advance (EDIT: only 14 days now - credit GulfPapaBravo
- I don't know if this is new but on my last FAM, they gave me this number just in case...
FDT Time Critical: 202-267-4663 (issues at airport such as CASS or with TSA)
- Everything is now done online. You need to be on an FAA computer and visit http://atcwebdev.faa.gov/FDTAS. Once you submit, your FLM will have to log in, approve it, and submit it on his end.
- CRJ - Small, expect a tight fit if you're over 6'
- B737 - Slightly more space then the CRJ, some have 2 jumpseats, but I have no idea how a normal sized human being could fit in the 2nd.
- A320 - Largest of the three, 2 jumpseats and can seat 2 comfortably. (I actually had another pilot jumpseat with me.)
- Breakfast tip above, anyone know if you ever get a lunch/dinner?
- While boarding, I always tried to board first. The one time I boarded last, the flight attendant said, "We have a first class seat available, would you like that instead?"
- I believe you can FAM at any airport within 50 miles of your duty station. Although each could be different, our 'sister' facilities have all let me park in their visitor parking lot for a FAM.
- Request your days off between your RDO's prior to the schedule posting, if they're approved, put in your FAM paperwork (Credit - Stinger)
1.8 MB Views: 272