Government Shutdown

I'm excited for a longer shutdown this time... Then the first paycheck back and they want all the OASDI deferred payments right away. Should be fun.
Is the deferred OASDI money all supposed to be paid back out of the first check? I thought they were going to double up on withholdings until it gets paid back.

Is the deferred OASDI money all supposed to be paid back out of the first check? I thought they were going to double up on withholdings until it gets paid back.
Stupidest fucking “stimulus” ever

Nothing today hopefully nothing tomorrow, be a shame if the stores stocked nyquil
How can rand hold it up. Can’t they get cloture with the other 99 senator?

It’d sure be nice if one of the millionaires in Congress wrote repayment forgiveness into one of these damn bills. I’m sure that ain’t happening though.
It would be fantastic if that happened. Also, as a Kentucky fella, I am sorry to all of you for Rand and Mitch. Although I do like some stuff that Rand does, sometimes he's just a dingus.

Why tho? I thought 60 was always the magic number to vote

Normally they require 60, the 100 is a self imposed rule. Since it isn't a spending, reconciliation, or debt ceiling bill it's self imposed to promote compromise for the aforementioned bills. Unfortunately, no one cares about a shutdown anymore.

How does annual leave work if the shutdown happens and leave is already in for later dates? I remember people getting leave back last time.
FAA tells you that all leave is canceled. They may say they don't expect you in if they know the rules... Or if they don't they'll ask you what you want to do (they may ask either way.)
You say, you want to be placed in furlough status. Result is being paid, but not using any of your leave when the government is refunded.

FAA tells you that all leave is canceled. They may say they don't expect you in if they know the rules... Or if they don't they'll ask you what you want to do (they may ask either way.)
You say, you want to be placed in furlough status. Result is being paid, but not using any of your leave when the government is refunded.
Didn’t the Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019 allow us (excepted employees forced to work) to use real leave during the a shutdown? Still won’t be paid until the government opens, but it would mean you can no longer request to be in a furlough status.

Edit: Found a better explanation. We are allowed to use leave, but can still request to be put in a furlough status, during which the government cannot force the use of sick/annual for.

Last edited:
Didn’t the Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019 allow us (excepted employees forced to work) to use real leave during the a shutdown? Still won’t be paid until the government opens, but it would mean you can no longer request to be in a furlough status.

Edit: Found a better explanation. We are allowed to use leave, but can still request to be put in a furlough status, during which the government cannot force the use of sick/annual for.

So what are they gonna do with our admin leave if we are still 5/5?

So what are they gonna do with our admin leave if we are still 5/5?
It’s not leave it’s excused absence right? You would probably be placed in furlough status for the days you didn’t work to make up the 40 for a week and be paid for it at the end of the shutdown like everyone else on furlough.

It’s not leave it’s excused absence right? You would probably be placed in furlough status for the days you didn’t work to make up the 40 for a week and be paid for it at the end of the shutdown like everyone else on furlough.
can you be selectively on furlough? And it’s no guarantee we are paid.

Back
Top Bottom