hardship COS and travel days

Wholelotta

I recently got a hardship approved and my ATM and HR contact both dont seem to know if I get any travel days (3000 mile move) or COS due to the ERR being a hardship. Art 29 section 4 seems to say yes but the wording from the hardship art 99 section 3(H) "Permanent change of station (moving) expenses will not be paid by the Government." are making my ATM say otherwise. HR says its all up to my ATM. Could anyone give clarification on the matter?

Solution
I recently got a hardship approved and my ATM and HR contact both dont seem to know if I get any travel days (3000 mile move) or COS due to the ERR being a hardship. Art 29 section 4 seems to say yes but the wording from the hardship art 99 section 3(H) "Permanent change of station (moving) expenses will not be paid by the Government." are making my ATM say otherwise. HR says its all up to my ATM. Could anyone give clarification on the matter?
With all due respect, this appears to be a prime example of HR having no idea what they're talking about. Some HR folks know our CBA exists and apply it correctly, and others... don't. I guess the same goes for ATMs.

This time is not at the ATM's discretion to allow. Per the article...
there is no sense in them getting back into the saddle that day if they're too shaken or need to decompress from a bad session. They happen. Dont be a dick.
So as a CPC you don’t ever have bad sessions and have to plug back in that day? Recovering from mistakes during a session and rebounding later on after a bad session are an enormous part of this job. Particularly when first being checked out. I hold people to the same standard I hold myself to. If you’re banging once a week, middle of the shift, because of bad sessions that’s weak as hell and creates a bad reputation for you among both trainers and other trainees. Also, where do you work where controllers aren’t dicks lol? I’ve yet to work at a place where everybody wasn’t breaking balls.

So as a CPC you don’t ever have bad sessions and have to plug back in that day? Recovering from mistakes during a session and rebounding later on after a bad session are an enormous part of this job. Particularly when first being checked out. I hold people to the same standard I hold myself to. If you’re banging once a week, middle of the shift, because of bad sessions that’s weak as hell and creates a bad reputation for you among both trainers and other trainees. Also, where do you work where controllers aren’t dicks lol? I’ve yet to work at a place where everybody wasn’t breaking balls.
At a 7 up down, i'll pick my self up by my bootstraps and keep working. At a 12 I haven't had a deal bad enough to go home yet, but I have seen others and it's better to just call it quits for the day occasionally. In training i'd just keep going because it's not my ticket and it's like you have a douchebag handoff watching your back anyways.

At a 7 up down, i'll pick my self up by my bootstraps and keep working. At a 12 I haven't had a deal bad enough to go home yet, but I have seen others and it's better to just call it quits for the day occasionally. In training i'd just keep going because it's not my ticket and it's like you have a douchebag handoff watching your back anyways.
And I’m all for that. Part of being a good trainer is understanding your trainee’s limits. But I saw first hand two separate CPC-IT’s bang at least once a week for almost two months straight because training wasn’t going well for them. Not sure if there’s a correlation, but they are both now supe’s....
Edit: Swinging back around to COS, has anybody had an issue with breaking up the days? Like only taking a few days initially and then using individual days if a spouse moves at a later date or if you have utilities/internet etc. being set up? Is that frowned upon or is it on an ATM to ATM basis?

And I’m all for that. Part of being a good trainer is understanding your trainee’s limits. But I saw first hand two separate CPC-IT’s bang at least once a week for almost two months straight because training wasn’t going well for them. Not sure if there’s a correlation, but they are both now supe’s....
Edit: Swinging back around to COS, has anybody had an issue with breaking up the days? Like only taking a few days initially and then using individual days if a spouse moves at a later date or if you have utilities/internet etc. being set up? Is that frowned upon or is it on an ATM to ATM basis?
Completely normal. Use 1 day a month if you want lol. It "shall" be approved. Just dont say anything stupid. Use reasons like plumber, electrician, furniture deliver, moving etc

there is no sense in them getting back into the saddle that day if they're too shaken or need to decompress from a bad session. They happen. Dont be a dick.
At your review board only matters if you have an a1. It's better to leave and come back the next day. The few I've been on I'm like damn that one a1, shoulda just savedt heir hours.

At your review board only matters if you have an a1. It's better to leave and come back the next day. The few I've been on I'm like damn that one a1, shoulda just savedt heir hours.
again, I would be surprised if a trainee made it through their entire training process without something plausibly being an a1. if the trainer prompted before sep was lost, is that an a1? hour 2 shit? I would expect that. whether the trainer chooses to write it up that way is another thing. one a1 is not going to make or break someones career at a trb

Back
Top Bottom