Hardship for Medical

kegger0094

There's a possibility we are going to need to hardship to a lower elevation (newborn is not acclimating and has to be on oxygen here). What are the considerations for facilities when hardshipping to a new area. If available, do they try to keep it close to current level? Thinking Houston because it's sea level and there are lots of possibilities,

There's a possibility we are going to need to hardship to a lower elevation (newborn is not acclimating and has to be on oxygen here). What are the considerations for facilities when hardshipping to a new area. If available, do they try to keep it close to current level? Thinking Houston because it's sea level and there are lots of possibilities,

What level \ type of facility are you at now?

Article 99 spells it out pretty well, and they tend to abide by it....

“In order to effectively comply with the intent of the definition of a geographic area, employees must provide a list of all facilities and/or cities that will meet the needs of their specific hardship. Placement is allowed in the same, lower, or up to three (3) ATC facility levels above their current ATC facility level.”

What level are you at now? Long Island is sea level and N90 and ZNY need warm bodies all the time...

What level \ type of facility are you at now?

Article 99 spells it out pretty well, and they tend to abide by it....

“In order to effectively comply with the intent of the definition of a geographic area, employees must provide a list of all facilities and/or cities that will meet the needs of their specific hardship. Placement is allowed in the same, lower, or up to three (3) ATC facility levels above their current ATC facility level.”

What level are you at now? Long Island is sea level and N90 and ZNY need warm bodies all the time...

ZAB, Houston has family and the best pediatric cardiology hospital which is why it's at the top of our list.

within 3 levels.

Is it possible to get to a lvl 12 from an 8 if they are at 70% and the only other facility in the area requested is at 130% staffed? My ATM seems to think she can do it because they need ppl. Im aware of what article 99 says. Just going to ERR upgrade asap anyway. Why waste everyones time and just go. I cant regular ERR because current facility is at 80%.

Last edited:
If they have "gains to target", you'll get offered.
What does gains to target mean? I have the current staffing list. Is there a way to decode it so see if they have "gains to target".?

And "youll get offered lvl12 in hardship" if they have "gains to target"?

The one lvl 12 id love to have shows 10 gains to target. Another shows 37 gains to target.

Thanks!

You can only go up 3 levels, so a 12 from an 8 isn't gonna happen. The farthest right column of the Priority Placement Tool is their projected openings called their "gains to target".

What does gains to target mean? I have the currebt staffing list. Is there a way to decode it so see if they have "gains to target".?

And "youll get offered lvl12 in hardship" if they have "gains to target"?

Thanks!
Do not expect to get a hardship approved going 4 levels up. All of last year there was only one I saw that was a 4 level increase (LVK to SEA). And that may have only been approved because LVK was recently downgraded to a 5, but didn't spend much time as a 5 before becoming a 6 again.

You can only go up 3 levels, so a 12 from an 8 isn't gonna happen. The farthest right column of the Priority Placement Tool is their projected openings called their "gains to target".
So odd this process because most that ERR from my facility Up/down go to 12s and my ATM said she could pull it off, but then I read article 99 and see 3 lvls. Just nonsense because the location we need to be is full everywhere except the 12, running at 70%. Thanks for input. Hope it answers the OPs question.

My ATM also says that HR told him he can't release me (hardship) before anyone with an NCEPT release. (?!?!!?) The process is real messed up.

It also says it can't negatively impact someone who already has a release date. It's not that uncommon looking at the history of some to receive up to a year release date.
The two should be treated separately. They’re different processes and a hardship leaving should have no effect on an NCEPT release. Imagine if you had a medical hardship, and staying where you were was causing yourself or your family to be ill, would you be content with the explanation that you just have to suck it up? I know people and have myself been in that situation and it’s not pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom