Hardship for Medical

Exactly my thoughts. If we're to strictly follow that, then after a hardship is released they should still count as a CPC so as not to impact another release, right?

We had this elevated to the region once. @CaptainObvious is correct. It means that a current release can't be pushed for the hardship, but they are independent. The hardship is supposed to be released ASAP. Doesn't mean they have to wait "in line" or abide by any NCEPT numbers games. The ATM would have to justify to the district why they can't release the hardship in a reasonable time frame.

The whole thing is incredibly vaguely worded (probably on purpose) and for it to work the way its supposed to relies on a lot of people acting in good faith, which is why its so dysfunctional.

We had this elevated to the region once. @CaptainObvious is correct. It means that a current release can't be pushed for the hardship, but they are independent. The hardship is supposed to be released ASAP. Doesn't mean they have to wait "in line" or abide by any NCEPT numbers games. The ATM would have to justify to the district why they can't release the hardship in a reasonable time frame.

The whole thing is incredibly vaguely worded (probably on purpose) and for it to work the way its supposed to relies on a lot of people acting in good faith, which is why its so dysfunctional.

I was at a facility where it happened with a hardship and they said the hardship doesn't automatically have a release before others with releases. What happened is that everyone with a scheduled release was asked if they minded the hardship be released ahead of them. Had no impact on their release dates.

I was at a facility where it happened with a hardship and they said the hardship doesn't automatically have a release before others with releases.
Yeah, its not automatically before them... The two processes are independent, so its (supposed to be) mostly irrelevant.

What happened is that everyone with a scheduled release was asked if they minded the hardship be released ahead of them.
Garbage. Coworkers have no say nor should they.

Anyhow, won't go further off OP topic.

Can anyone tell me where to find the paperwork I need to fill out for this process? Or do I just go to my FACREP...which he’s been helpful with other things I just didn’t feel like bothering him if I could just start it myself.

Also do you have to file an ERR first before you do this? I remember hearing a question they ask is have you tried to ERR first. I’ve only been in the agency 7 months so I’m new to all this....

You should be able to use the ERR paperwork in the NCEPT thread, but A99 will tell you exactly what paperwork you need and what it needs to say.

Can anyone tell me where to find the paperwork I need to fill out for this process? Or do I just go to my FACREP...which he’s been helpful with other things I just didn’t feel like bothering him if I could just start it myself.

Also do you have to file an ERR first before you do this? I remember hearing a question they ask is have you tried to ERR first. I’ve only been in the agency 7 months so I’m new to all this....

At the end of the day, you gotta do what’s best for you. However, if you only have 7 months in then I’m going to assume you’re a trainee. It would be better for you to CPC before doing a hardship. If that’s not possible then so be it but if it’s realistic in anyway then it would be a good move.

At the end of the day, you gotta do what’s best for you. However, if you only have 7 months in then I’m going to assume you’re a trainee. It would be better for you to CPC before doing a hardship. If that’s not possible then so be it but if it’s realistic in anyway then it would be a good move.
If it is a legit medical hardship and someone is ill, go! Don't listen to this... I had a friend at my facility that was a trainee and his mom got very sick. He hardshipped to help take care of her. Had he stayed until he CPC'd she would have died before he got there. Do what you need to help those you love.

If it is a legit medical hardship and someone is ill, go! Don't listen to this... I had a friend at my facility that was a trainee and his mom got very sick. He hardshipped to help take care of her. Had he stayed until he CPC'd she would have died before he got there. Do what you need to help those you love.

That’s why I started it with you gotta do what is best for you. Anyone who hardships as a trainee should hardship knowing that they are doing so as a training failure and that the consequences of failing to checkout at the next facility could be severe.

He's a CPC from a recent post fwiw.
Yeah sorry for the late response I didn’t check this till now, but yeah I got CPC last week

And yes I have a very sick parent so I’m trying to take over as their primary caretaker. So what’s an A99?

If my wife is in another state with her kid and cannot leave that state because of split custody with the dad in that state, does this qualify for article 99 section III hardship? Appreciate any responses. Thanks.

If my wife is in another state with her kid and cannot leave that state because of split custody with the dad in that state, does this qualify for article 99 section III hardship? Appreciate any responses. Thanks.

If you accepted the job with that agreement in place , then I do not believe it qualifies. If it's a new situation then it does. I would fill out the paperwork either way and see what happens though.

The hardship for children involves you to be estranged from your child's other parent as well as the child has to have relocated against your will to another place. Your stepchild doesn't count unless you have adopted them and they would have had to lived with you at your current location and then relocated against your will to a new place.

I know someone recently who hardshipped to IAH while it was +94% staffed, just a few miles away I90 was 74%. Doesn’t make much sense.

Back
Top Bottom