How Many People Who Said They Were Leaving NATCA Actually Did?

FightingIrish2012

Legendary Member
Remember after a Fall NCEPT panel so many people vowed to go? There were even people posting the PDF of the form to leave the union. How many people do you think followed through? I don’t think it was too much. If NATCA usually has about 200 people leave each January, this year I would say it’s about 300. About a hundred more gone but the rest saying “I’ll give it one more try, once training initiative certifies people then I can transfer or else I’ll leave the union then”.

Plus NATCA is actually really smart with this stuff. I bet they had the “open season” signing up scab controllers for free and a couple hundred others from no name aviation jobs so that even if there is a larger then normal departure this January, they can still claim they gained more members overall.

Remember after a Fall NCEPT panel so many people vowed to go? There were even people posting the PDF of the form to leave the union. How many people do you think followed through? I don’t think it was too much. If NATCA usually has about 200 people leave each January, this year I would say it’s about 300. About a hundred more gone but the rest saying “I’ll give it one more try, once training initiative certifies people then I can transfer or else I’ll leave the union then”.

Plus NATCA is actually really smart with this stuff. I bet they had the “open season” signing up scab controllers for free and a couple hundred others from no name aviation jobs so that even if there is a larger then normal departure this January, they can still claim they gained more members overall.
I don’t imagine it is even that high. We had one person here put in their paperwork to get out and that’s out of roughly 115 BUEs. That loss was offset by one person joining during open season. I’d venture to guess it is around 100 people who submitted paperwork to get out of the union.

Back
Top Bottom