Justin Dailey for NATCA President

Pretty sad when the members think it’s normal for a union’s leadership to secretly negotiate with the employer and keep everyone in the dark about what they’re asking for and then try to sell it as a win after the ink is already dry.
Actually open negotiations are a fairly recent tread in the private sector. I can't think of any public union which has done it. I believe the APWU (postal union) are still doing closed negotiations for their up coming contract negotiations.

Actually open negotiations are a fairly recent tread in the private sector. I can't think of any public union which has done it. I believe the APWU (postal union) are still doing closed negotiations for their up coming contract negotiations.
Well they lost our trust. And now I can’t vote for someone who isn’t going to actually say something.

Really? What about like teachers unions? Any time there’s a strike or threat of a strike I feel like it’s public knowledge what they’re asking for, at least generally.

I’ll admit I’m no expert, but it’s also weird that with a lot of these unions the members get to vote to ratify a new contract. So leadership can come to an agreement and members have the power to send them back for more. Like UAW had to fight for a good enough deal that they could pitch to membership and they would actually approve. With NATCA they can just do what they want and then we’re stuck with it.

Last edited:
Really? What about like teachers unions? Any time there’s a strike or threat of a strike I feel like it’s public knowledge what they’re asking for, at least generally.

I’ll admit I’m no expert, but it’s also weird that with a lot of these unions the members get to vote to ratify a new contract. So leadership can come to an agreement and members have the power to send them back for more. Like UAW had to fight for a good enough deal that they could pitch to membership and they would actually approve. With NATCA they can just do what they want and then we’re stuck with it.
NATCA Constitution Article VI Section 2
Negotiated terms shall be sent to the members for ratification...

Teachers unions are probably an exception there. I'm just going off memory based on so googling we did after having a similar conversation.

Well they lost our trust. And now I can’t vote for someone who isn’t going to actually say something.
Question: of what they have done in recent years, what have they not talked about? I am constantly getting emails from NATCA about staffing. What they are doing, what bills they are pushing, Santa talking to the senate, Santa talking to the media, etc.

The OJTI increase came out of the blue maybe. What do you think they are being so secretive about?

NATCA Constitution Article VI Section 2
Negotiated terms shall be sent to the members for ratification...

Teachers unions are probably an exception there. I'm just going off memory based on so googling we did after having a similar conversation.
Then they boomed us for an extension. Then we asked to amend the constitution so it can’t happen again and they told us to get fucked!

Question: of what they have done in recent years, what have they not talked about? I am constantly getting emails from NATCA about staffing. What they are doing, what bills they are pushing, Santa talking to the senate, Santa talking to the media, etc.

The OJTI increase came out of the blue maybe. What do you think they are being so secretive about?
The just say the same generic crap over and over again. Santa went to Congress and didn’t even mention paying controllers more

Then they boomed us for an extension. Then we asked to amend the constitution so it can’t happen again and they told us to get fucked!
One of the biggest fuck ups we can do as a unit is not vote for notification when they start contract negotiations. It still blows my mind that as a body we can't get this passed.

One of the biggest fuck ups we can do as a unit is not vote for notification when they start contract negotiations. It still blows my mind that as a body we can't get this passed.
You need a top secret security clearance for that. When will you guys just stop giving NATCA your money? File that SF1188 and feel free again.

I heard instances from impromptu NACTA social gatherings. Mind providing a brief history of the people challenging the status quo?
Yeah myself. I got an irate phone call from Dean Iacopelli about 8 years ago telling me that if I ever wanted to ERR out of my low-level shithole that I would cease and desist disparaging his baby (NCEPT) on official channels.

Very few reps are willing to stand up to National because a lot of them are using their positions as FacRep to springboard their way into an Article 114 and don't want to rock the boat.

Back
Top Bottom