Justin Dailey for NATCA President

What's wrong with CFS? Aside from the after-party spending of the union.
The big problem is it’s always the same scammers going every time. They don’t do any outreach to get new trainees or members to go. What if all the reps worked that week so someone else could go?

The big problem is it’s always the same scammers going every time. They don’t do any outreach to get new trainees or members to go. What if all the reps worked that week so someone else could go?
I agree that outreach should be done to get new people to go. Except trainees - their job is to certify. Locals ought to be suggesting that to their members.

I agree that outreach should be done to get new people to go. Except trainees - their job is to certify. Locals ought to be suggesting that to their members.
the younger people all work on the weekend so like 2 of them can bid it if no one more senior is going or just having regular leave then.

It doesn't matter who is elected, this isn't going to change. NATCA in Washington won't be canceled. Communicating for Safety won't be canceled. ATX won't be canceled this year.
Watch how far the pendulum swings away from us once we start taking away the legislative part of our union.

The PAC and legislative work is our best leverage and replaced our ability to strike.

Watch how far the pendulum swings away from us once we start taking away the legislative part of our union.

The PAC and legislative work is our best leverage and replaced our ability to strike.
I used to believe this, but I don’t think so now. The last CBA is the greatest example but I read the NIW recaps each year and most of the time it’s basic entry level shit. Pass THUD, avoid the next shut down, stable and consistent funding, etc….. Basically goals based on survival and normal ops and status quo, almost never anything that advanced the profession. The stuff that is lobbied for would all happen anyway, they are not going to let the FAA go out of existence by not doing reauthorization or not back pay people even if there are shut downs.

I used to believe this, but I don’t think so now. The last CBA is the greatest example but I read the NIW recaps each year and most of the time it’s basic entry level shit. Pass THUD, avoid the next shut down, stable and consistent funding, etc….. Basically goals based on survival and normal ops and status quo, almost never anything that advanced the profession. The stuff that is lobbied for would all happen anyway, they are not going to let the FAA go out of existence by not doing reauthorization or not back pay people even if there are shut downs.
Exactly this. The congressman aren’t at the table with the FAA when it comes time to negotiate. Shit NATCA doesn’t even want to negotiate. It’s all a coverup for NATCA’s inability to effectively lead anymore.

They went last year when Congress wasn’t even in session

I’m not talking about NiW. I’m talking about the actual legislative relationship building and negotiating that occurs monthly. The reason why it feels like basic level shit is because natca’s leadership extended the CBA smh. There is nothing to negotiate over right now. You’re right, all they can do now is push them to sign bills and put pressure on the FAA politically.

When we start negations for the new CBA this is when the legislative portion makes an impact.

Exactly this. The congressman aren’t at the table with the FAA when it comes time to negotiate. Shit NATCA doesn’t even want to negotiate. It’s all a coverup for NATCA’s inability to effectively lead anymore.
No shit they aren’t at the table for negotiation. That is between NATCA, FAA, DOT Secretary, and the President.

Congressman sign off on the agreement between those parties.

And by sign off it’s stuffed into some bill with 10,000 other things
And if we get a fiscally conservative administration that wants to reduce the budget who are they going after first?

Sure would be good to have strong relationships with politicians on that side to whip a majority to get the bill through.

But yeah let’s cancel everything in the union and strip it down. Might as well get the Vaseline ready. Also, the public is a big part of this equation and they are traditionally not high on government employees and especially not in todays climate.

And if we get a fiscally conservative administration that wants to reduce the budget who are they going after first?

Sure would be good to have strong relationships with politicians on that side to whip a majority to get the bill through.

But yeah let’s cancel everything in the union and strip it down. Might as well get the Vaseline ready. Also, the public is a big part of this equation and they are traditionally not high on government employees and especially not in today’s climate.
It’s now time for them to get us something for all this work that they have allegedly been doing.

Back
Top Bottom