Kona needs controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

colombia_atc

Kona tower is seriously short-staffed. The tower is authorized 7 controllers, but it only has 3 controllers, with one retiring in December. The problem is the high cost of living in Kona and the washout rate. Most controllers can't check out at Kona. 70-plus hours, working by yourself, are common. I'm recruiting for my good friend, the manager of Kona Tower, Don. If you have the chops, he needs you.

Last edited:
Kona tower is seriously short-staffed. The tower is authorized 7 controllers, but it only has 3 controllers, with one retiring in December. The problem is the high cost of living in Kona and the washout rate. Most controllers can't check out at Kona. 70-plus hours, working by yourself, are common. I'm recruiting for my good friend, the manager of Kona Tower, Don. If you have the chops, he needs you.
No GIF

That's generally the standard reply to recruiting messages from Kona. NAH. Most controllers wave off because they know they don't have the chops to check out at Kona. Most likely, you know that you would wash out there. Don't be ashamed... it takes a certain special kind of controller to check out at Kona Tower.

Yes, I see the emoticons. That doesn't make it any less true. You guys know that you could never check out at Kona. The typical reply of weak sticks. I guarantee that none of you would last a week at Kona.

Last edited:
Lulz. They wanted me when I got out of the military but weren’t paying any more than a slower stateside tower

View attachment 6979.
I get that. Midwest does need to pay more. That is a big issue, and I have told them that. $100K per year is not enough to live in Kona. The irony of the situation is that Molokai pays about the same as Kona.

Last edited:
“Hey come to Kona the cost of living is high, the hours are shit, you’re always short-staffed, and you’ll probably wash out.”
Say no more fam sign me the fuck up
Or... You got the chops and can write your own ticket. That was my experience at Kona. I basically ran the place when I was there. This was my typical day...

Show up at 6 a.m. Open laptop. Play with laptop until 8 a.m. Work the helicopter flight school until 11 a.m. [work your ass off] 11 a.m. controller shows up. Go to bathroom. Eat lunch. Work ground from noon to 2 p.m. Go home. Swim in pool. Enjoy sunset.

You get it yet? it's basically 3-hour ass-kicking, followed by a yard party, drink-fest.

Working at Kona consists of getting your ass kicked for 3 hours, followed by 21 hours of Paradise.

Last edited:
That's generally the standard reply to recruiting messages from Kona. NAH. Most controllers wave off because they know they don't have the chops to check out at Kona. Most likely, you know that you would wash out there. Don't be ashamed... it takes a certain special kind of controller to check out at Kona Tower.

Yes, I see the emoticons. That doesn't make it any less true. You guys know that you could never check out at Kona. The typical reply of weak sticks. I guarantee that none of you would last a week at Kona.
Hahahaha. Yeah, salary, cost of living, or other factors have no bearing. It’s all about that if you don’t want to go there it’s because you can’t check out….

Did you work at N90 in a past life? ?-emoticon

Hahahaha. Yeah, salary, cost of living, or other factors have no bearing. It’s all about that if you don’t want to go there it’s because you can’t check out….

Did you work at N90 in a past life? ?-emoticon
I could eat N90 for breakfast. I have checked out in every TRACON I've ever been assigned to in record time. I checked out in LA arrivals in less than 3 weeks.

I never had the privilege of working at N90, but I guarantee that I would check out there in record time.

But... I get what you're saying, and you're right. Midwest does need to pay more. I've told them that. Amy and I are not on good terms. Amy and the rest of Midwest need to get their shit together.

Last edited:
Or... You got the chops and can write your own ticket. That was my experience at Kona. I basically ran the place when I was there. This was my typical day...

Show up at 6 a.m. Open laptop. Play with laptop until 8 a.m. Work the helicopter flight school until 11 a.m. [work your ass off] 11 a.m. controller shows up. Go to bathroom. Eat lunch. Work ground from noon to 2 p.m. Go home. Swim in pool. Enjoy sunset.

You get it yet? it's basically 3-hour ass-kicking, followed by a yard party, drink-fest.

Working at Kona consists of getting your ass kicked for 3 hours, followed by 21 hours of Paradise.
Can’t even find you on 123atc, are you a real tower or some dude on a hill playing make-believe?

Inappropriate Behavior
Is this flyheading225 on r/ATC?
Nope
Can’t even find you on 123atc, are you a real tower or some dude on a hill playing make-believe?
Terminal controller since 1989. Fastest checkout in every facility I've ever been in, including LA Arrivals at SoCal TRACON, bitch. (I was certified by his majesty, Darth Vader, Doug Cohee, himself). Worked temporary towers during the 1996 Olympics and during 3 Sun-'n-Funs (Lakeland, Florida). I don't know what 123atc is... I'm assuming that it's some website where posers like you pretend that they are air traffic controllers.

Last edited:
Nope

Terminal controller since 1989. Fastest checkout in every facility I've ever been in, including LA Arrivals at SoCal TRACON, bitch. Worked temporary towers during the 1996 Olympics and during 3 Sun-'n-Funs (Lakeland, Florida). I don't know what 123atc is... I'm assuming that it's some website where posers like you pretend that they are air traffic controllers.
Well I can fit 23 mini marshmallows inside my foreskin...so yeah check that out in record time...

Nope

Terminal controller since 1989. Fastest checkout in every facility I've ever been in, including LA Arrivals at SoCal TRACON, bitch.

If I drank a fruity rum drink for every time you said Kona do I get checked out faster?
If you drank only one fruity rum drink, that's an automatic checkout.

Well I can fit 23 mini marshmallows inside my foreskin...so yeah check that out in record time...
Only 23? Hang on a second... shoot... hey, baby... do we have any more mushrooms? I got like 17 tucked under my foreskin right now... it really hurts...

Nope

Terminal controller since 1989. Fastest checkout in every facility I've ever been in, including LA Arrivals at SoCal TRACON, bitch. (I was certified by his majesty, Darth Vader, Doug Cohee, himself). Worked temporary towers during the 1996 Olympics and during 3 Sun-'n-Funs (Lakeland, Florida). I don't know what 123atc is... I'm assuming that it's some website where posers like you pretend that they are air traffic controllers.
Don’t forget to tell everyone it was also busier before they got there!

Don’t forget to tell everyone it was also busier before they got there!
Way busier. There were, like, 1200 operations per day before you got here.

I'm not entirely sure that everyone is getting the sarcasm here.

The whole point, of course, is that no press is bad press.

Now that I have your attention... Kona needs controllers. Please apply.

Thank you for your consideration...

Sorry for the drama, but... that's what sells tickets.

-Doesn’t pay enough for the area.
-Abysmally short staffed.
-Will work your ass off daily for not enough pay.
-Sunsets are cool.
-Doesn’t matter bc you’re a scrub ass weak stick that would never make it anyways so why even bother?

I’m sure don would appreciate your more than stellar recruiting ability lmao.

-Doesn’t pay enough for the area.
-Abysmally short staffed.
-Will work your ass off daily for not enough pay.
-Sunsets are cool.
-Doesn’t matter bc you’re a scrub ass weak stick that would never make it anyways so why even bother?

I’m sure don would appreciate your more than stellar recruiting ability lmao.
I think my post got some attention, didn't it? That was the whole point.

I even got a warning from the admin. Mission... Accomplished.

I am just a humble recruiter... and now... everyone knows that there are jobs available at Kona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom