LNK Cpc announcement

NATCA sent out email to all reps at all eligible facilities (5-8 towers and up/downs). If you fell under this category your rep dropped the ball or their regional rep did.
Closed on March 22. Haven’t heard anything yet....

What was the bid for? Their staffing doesn’t look that bad. Do they have crazy summers as well?

So apparently not many people found out about it. Curious how many people actually applied and then who heard anything.

Yeah, the solicitation said applicants had to be from facilities who could release people by NCEPT standards.
So here's my issue with it, especially since only those facilities that were cat 1/2 in March (Feb 21 PPT) were included.
There are facilities (5-8 towers/up-downs) that weren't able to release when the solicitation was announced...so they probably weren't included in the eligible facilities....even though on the newest PPT numbers from March 27th, they are now able to release (AGS, BDL, BTR, CHA, CKB, CRW, ELP, FSM, JAN, PIA, PSC, RST, SBA, SMO, STT.)
Conversely, there's facilities that could release and would have been informed of the solicitation, but with the new PPT numbers, should now not be able to release anyone (CMI, FSD, GCN, LOU, RNO, SBN, SYR.)

EDIT: I came back to say I'm not bothered by the first case because the line had to be drawn somewhere for eligibility...but if those 15 facilities had people certify between February 21 and March 22, and they were still considered not eligible to apply, I've got even more of an issue with it.

Last edited:
So my question. How does a facility get their projected losses changed. For example, LOU. They’ve been at 10/11 Cpc’s for many months. Due to a training failure the projected cpc certification is no longer there and with the projected ‘retirements and losses’ Now at 84.9%.
Look at LNK and LOU staffing, training success rates and natca seniority(LOU has younger countrollers) yet has a HIGHER projected losses. This screwed LOU out of releasing someone for NCEPT this panel or someone potentially going to LNK.

Back
Top Bottom