US Air Force announces retention bonuses of up to $600,000 in desperate bid to fix pilot shortage

Holy moly! This is quite tempting!

Free flights also! Where has this job been hiding!
It sucks. A better job if you can get it is ATC coordinator. The people who break the balls of the command center.

Or a part 135 (corporate jet) outfit. That’s the norm but you can get lucky. We have a guy who used to be a dispatcher for Swissair at JFK and that was his first dispatcher gig.

Check out www.jetcareers.com they have a pretty active dispatcher forum
Appreciate it. I am in another Line of Business and was discussing dispatch as even a side gig / retirement plan.

I have seen remote dispatch jobs for charter operators. Pay isn’t great around 50k but also haven’t looked that hard. The ATC coordinator jobs are pretty competitive.

It sucks. A better job if you can get it is ATC coordinator. The people who break the balls of the command center.
You must already be a dispatcher with years of experience before you get that role. It’s just a premium pay of a few % over your normal dispatch salary.

Honestly if someone was hiring for a business and needed smart employees with a crazy drive to go to work controllers would be a great target especially right now
Assuming they’re paying higher than the controllers would make staying in the FAA; they would find way better/educated candidates.

Honestly if someone was hiring for a business and needed smart employees with a crazy drive to go to work controllers would be a great target especially right now
I’ve always heard rumors that controllers that have put our feelers for good jobs always get good interest but I’ve never tried myself

I mean a vast majority of controllers I’ve met are pretty smart in their own ways. We are all lazy but that makes us even better workers as dumb as that sounds. We are insanely productive because we are so lazy lol. Not to mention we all show up to work 6 days a week consistently 🤷🏻‍♂️ now what company is going to pay 100k to hire us is beyond me lmao

I mean a vast majority of controllers I’ve met are pretty smart in their own ways. We are all lazy but that makes us even better workers as dumb as that sounds. We are insanely productive because we are so lazy lol. Not to mention we all show up to work 6 days a week consistently 🤷🏻‍♂️ now what company is going to pay 100k to hire us is beyond me lmao
I've always tried to explain this concept. Good controllers are lazy. Not "cut corners" lazy, but figuring out how to simplify complex tasks lazy.

It's always people who didn't go to college who say that
I will split the difference and say it depends on the person. Some of the brightest people I know are the most clueless, take them out of their "box" and they flounder.

Back
Top Bottom