Memorial Day Holiday pay/in lieu of day

RH316

Trusted Contributor
Quick Question about my in lieu of day— My RDOs are Monday Tuesday. I know that my in lieu of day for Memorial Day would be tomorrow, Wednesday.I was called in for overtime Monday and worked on the holiday. Is Wednesday still my in lieu of day? Am I correct in assuming I can’t earn holiday and overtime pay both on Monday?

Quick Question about my in lieu of day— My RDOs are Monday Tuesday. I know that my in lieu of day for Memorial Day would be tomorrow, Wednesday.I was called in for overtime Monday and worked on the holiday. Is Wednesday still my in lieu of day? Am I correct in assuming I can’t earn holiday and overtime pay both on Monday?
You get OT for Monday and your holiday in lieu stays the same. It goes off your bid schedule not what days you work.

You get OT for Monday and your holiday in lieu stays the same. It goes off your bid schedule not what days you work.

Incorrect.

Article 28 Section 3

When an employee works a holiday or day in lieu of a holiday,
he/she shall be entitled to pay at the rate of his/her Base Pay, plus holiday
premium pay at a rate equal to the rate of his/her Base Pay for that holiday
work actually performed, which is not in excess of their regular tour of
duty or is not overtime work as defined by 5 USC 5542(a). Holiday
premium pay is paid in addition to any other premium pay granted for
overtime, night, or Sunday work and in addition to the hazardous duty pay
differential.

So you would get paid OT plus holiday for working Monday. And it's not on your bid days, it's for your actual RDOs that work week. People change RDOs all the time to get holiday pay

The real question is...If I bang in on Wednesday, do I get Holiday and OT pay for working the actual holiday on Monday?

Incorrect.

Article 28 Section 3

When an employee works a holiday or day in lieu of a holiday,
he/she shall be entitled to pay at the rate of his/her Base Pay, plus holiday
premium pay at a rate equal to the rate of his/her Base Pay for that holiday
work actually performed, which is not in excess of their regular tour of
duty or is not overtime work as defined by 5 USC 5542(a). Holiday
premium pay is paid in addition to any other premium pay granted for
overtime, night, or Sunday work and in addition to the hazardous duty pay
differential.

So you would get paid OT plus holiday for working Monday. And it's not on your bid days, it's for your actual RDOs that work week. People change RDOs all the time to get holiday pay

When an employee works a holiday OR day in lieu of a holiday...

Not both. I've never seen anyone get called in for OT on a holiday and double dip OT+holiday plus still getting holiday again for their in lieu of.

Either you have a very stupid manager or a ton of us have been doing it wrong.

Not both. I've never seen anyone get called in for OT on a holiday and double dip OT+holiday plus still getting holiday again for their in lieu of.

No I meant that he would get holiday pay and OT for working Monday but would not have a day in lieu of. If you work on a holiday then you have no day in lieu of.

Damn, I should just keep this all quiet then. Guess I got lucky?

Damn, I should just keep this all quiet then. Guess I got lucky?
You got paid for the same holiday twice? Once for getting called in on OT on the actual holiday that would have been an rdo and then paid again holiday for working your in lieu of day?

12/25/2016 (Saturday night mid) with OT, Holiday, Night, Sunday, and CIC. It's was so bad.

OK, now I am confused. I have Mon/Tues RDO and had scheduled OT on Monday and worked. I had originally bid annual today (Wednesday) from last years bid and it was approved. I asked my area NATCA rep if Wednesday is still my holiday in lieu of and she said yes so it should be holiday leave.

OK, now I am confused. I have Mon/Tues RDO and had scheduled OT on Monday and worked. I had originally bid annual today (Wednesday) from last years bid and it was approved. I asked my area NATCA rep if Wednesday is still my holiday in lieu of and she said yes so it should be holiday leave.

Your holiday is THE holiday if you are scheduled to work it or your in lieu of day if it falls on an rdo period!

The only way your holiday day would change is if you do a rdo swap...

If you get called in on THE holiday for OT it's straight OT pay because your assigned holiday is still your in lieu of day.

Back
Top Bottom