MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

Our staff psychologist has completed their review of your case, and the recommendation has been sent to your medical program analyst. Any further queries should be sent to their attention.

Anybody received an email like this?
You'll get an email today or tomorrow saying you cleared. Or a phone call that you did not. Either way, the results of their decision comes real quick.

Our staff psychologist has completed their review of your case, and the recommendation has been sent to your medical program analyst. Any further queries should be sent to their attention.

Next one should be a drug test refresh email and usually comes the next business day. They clear people fairly quick after the drug test and mine was about 2 weeks then a class date

How long did it take from the Psych eval until today?

How long did it take from the Psych eval until today?
Sept was my eval

Means you’re done brother… you should get another email shortly.
I never thought the day would come. I'll let yall know the results, good or bad

You'll get an email today or tomorrow saying you cleared. Or a phone call that you did not. Either way, the results of their decision comes real quick.
Hopefully not the latter but at this point just glad to hear something

I finally got heard back from my Sept 9 eval. Now to refresh physical and drug tests. I'm a long time coming from June'19 OTS bid, but I'm just glad there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Does anyone have any idea where they're at as far as Academy dates right now? I'm just trying to give my wife some idea of when I can maybe expect to be in OKC.

I finally got heard back from my Sept 9 eval. Now to refresh physical and drug tests. I'm a long time coming from June'19 OTS bid, but I'm just glad there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Does anyone have any idea where they're at as far as Academy dates right now? I'm just trying to give my wife some idea of when I can maybe expect to be in OKC.
From the ATC New Hiring Discord, people are getting dates from anywhere in April to early May at the moment

Psych eval on 4/20. Nervous and excited. It’s been quite a long wait. Hoping I don’t have to wait longer than 6 months to find out if I get cleared or not.

Not to scare everyone, but my daughter had her Tier 2 eval on Feb 27 of last year and still hasn’t heard a word. Over a year. Hope won’t give her any updates. Just “we’ll inform you when there’s an update”.

Not to scare everyone, but my daughter had her Tier 2 eval on Feb 27 of last year and still hasn’t heard a word. Over a year. Hope won’t give her any updates. Just “we’ll inform you when there’s an update”.
I recently got through this whole process and I have a lot of issues with it. 1. Why are prior experience controllers not exempt from taking the mmpi2? 2. The private sector (fct's) doesnt require the mmpi for their class 2, and they dont have any issues, so how do they get away with that? 3. What in the world takes so long?

For me, it took a congressional inquiry to get anything out the tier 2 people as far as updates. When I did get an update, not only did they not conform with the expected time frame they estimated to coordinate my evaluation, but also they blamed the local pyschologists not being available to take new clients due to covid which was a lie because I asked the pyschologist the day of my appointment.

I understand not wanting crazies in our field, but theres no logic to who should be doing it and who shouldn't. And it should not take over a year just to see the damn psychologist. The prior experience bids are almost exclusively veterans transitioning out of the service and that's crap treatment.

This may be a dumb question but what exactly happens in the second psych evaluation after being placed on tier 2? I just found out I was placed on tier 2 after applying in June of 2022.

You do a second MMPI and a few other tests. Sometimes those other tests are geared towards whatever flagged you in the first mmpi (alcoholism, drug dependencies, other psychological issues). After the tests, youll do an interview with the pysch. It's a 6 hour appointment at least.

Back
Top Bottom