N90 CPC bid

Why would I want to spend my move money on paying for rent in 2 places.... but thanks anyways. I'm well aware of what I'm getting myself into and idc if I have to wait around years to train. I need to get there for family issues. It's not about being patient it's about being an adult and trying to plan my life the most economical way possible.

For the same reason that people have to spend it on moving trucks or shipping things... Because sometimes there's necessary expenses attached to the move. That's what the money is for, obviously it's not ideal but that's like saying why would I want to spend my paycheck on bills.

I'm trying to help explain why there's a wait, and give you ways to get around your deal breaking obstacles. You know, addressing the what gives and ugh parts of your earlier post that I replied to. As for the economical plans of your life, I don't really know what to say. If having to use your permanent change of station benefits to pay for costs associated to your permanent change of station (even if it results in a huge salary) is enough to disregard the family issues.... Maybe I just haven't quite figured out the whole being an adult thing.

Anyone apply on this bid recently? Wondering what the time frames are between each step in the pipeline now that N90 is getting a bunch of OTS hires who completed the academy.

Anyone apply on this bid recently? Wondering what the time frames are between each step in the pipeline now that N90 is getting a bunch of OTS hires who completed the academy.

I can’t speak for the selection process but supposedly people who come from level 12’s will be skipping ahead of all the OTS/low level people for classes/lab. You’ll also train on almost everything from the get go rather than having to be spoon fed piecemeal. (That is to your advantage trust me). If you’re OTS or from a low level facility, well, the people getting here this month are projected class dates in 2020

I can’t speak for the selection process but supposedly people who come from level 12’s will be skipping ahead of all the OTS/low level people for classes/lab. You’ll also train on almost everything from the get go rather than having to be spoon fed piecemeal. (That is to your advantage trust me). If you’re OTS or from a low level facility, well, the people getting here this month are projected class dates in 2020

Dank,
Are you sure one trains on everything from the get go? Not trying to be rude. I have heard otherwise outta N90. That it is one position at a time.
Last I heard leaving OKC is that hiring for the current N90 bid has halted...so timeframes for getting a TOL and going to TETRA may not be similar to what has happened this year.

Dank,
Are you sure one trains on everything from the get go? Not trying to be rude. I have heard otherwise outta N90. That it is one position at a time.
Last I heard leaving OKC is that hiring for the current N90 bid has halted...so timeframes for getting a TOL and going to TETRA may not be similar to what has happened this year.

OTS and transfers from low levels train on only a couple position at a time. In my sector they’re either feeds/finals or satellite departure/EWR departure. People coming from 12’s will be fast tracked

Ah. Copy that. Would you say that is similar among the areas. Assuming you are EWR. Also...level 12 fast track. Center, Tower or Apporach? Does it matter just as long as its a 12.

Ah. Copy that. Would you say that is similar among the areas. Assuming you are EWR. Also...level 12 fast track. Center, Tower or Apporach? Does it matter just as long as its a 12.

98% sure it’s all areas. Def Approach, not sure about center or tower. We have a trainee from EWR tower right now who is doing the slow way but don’t know if it would be the same for a 12 tower.

I applied to the bid on USAJOBS for the N90 position back in September. I got referred a couple weeks ago on the website but no phone call to my facility or TOL or anything. Honestly it's probably a good thing they halted the hiring if it's true. Who wants to go somewhere only to sit around for a year. I'd really like to work there but maybe it's for the best that I continue to work traffic where I'm at then if I get an offer down the road I go and then there is a minimal delay to start training. Would suck to get rusty and then washout of training lol.

Do you get to keep the move money if you wash out or withdraw from training? It would suck to have to pay it back because you didn’t make it in training..

Back
Top Bottom