N90 CPC bid

Referral list FA-AEA-18-109686: Issued on 07/18/2018 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) AT-LH grade/payband. Thank you for submitting your application for announcement # AEA-ATO-18-SLF-55976. The office with this vacancy has either decided not to fill the position at this time or has made a selection from another referral list or a selection was made under another hiring authority. We appreciate your interest in employment with the Federal Aviation Administration. Please continue to check the website for vacancies of interest to you.

Referral list FA-AEA-18-109805: Issued on 07/24/2018 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) AT-LH grade/payband. Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AEA-ATO-18-SLF-55976. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

Does everyone else aviator show this? Its contradicting. 7/18 says they are not filling the position and the 7/24 says being reviewed. Also what's the next step with this, a TOL and then class date?

Oh ok. How will you know you're selected, will they just email a tol? I figured everyone who applied and was eligible would be selected

This is incorrect, there are various reasons they have for not picking some people up. If you are selected, someone from HR would call you with a verbal offer, and then if you accept that they email the TOL.

Keep in mind there is often times a long wait between getting referred and getting a TOL.

This is incorrect, there are various reasons they have for not picking some people up. If you are selected, someone from HR would call you with a verbal offer, and then if you accept that they email the TOL.

Keep in mind there is often times a long wait between getting referred and getting a TOL.

What would those various reasons be?

If they call your facility and find out you slapped a supe. Or if you've washed out of a few radar facilities. Or if you poop in the urinal. Various reasons

Lol alrighty well I've never washed from anywhere and I've never been written up for anything. So I'm not sure of the reason for not being selected would be...

Thinking about applying to the CPC-IT bid to N90 and was wondering:

1) Is the mandatory 90 day release still a thing? I have a lease on my apartment and it would really suck having to pay two leases until my current one runs out.

2) I saw that the base pay for N90 is $171k so if I'm understanding this correctly, coming from a level 6 up down with rest of US locality would put me at around $122k walking in the door?

3) With all the influx of new trainees coming to the facility from both the ERR bids and the OTS announcement, is it safe to assume that things will get super backed up there? E.g. if I were to apply and get done with TSEW/TETRA, would I be sitting around waiting for an in-house class date to start training forever? Thanks.

Last edited:
So I wish I knew what was going on with this bid. I have to resign a lease and I need to know if I should sign a 12 month or a month to month which will cost me a lot more. I'll have to obviously turn down an offer if I sign another 12 month. I was thinking they were maybe waiting for a new fiscal year. Ugh

Thinking about applying to the CPC-IT bid to N90 and was wondering:

1) Is the mandatory 90 day release still a thing? I have a lease on my apartment and it would really suck having to pay two leases until my current one runs out.

2) I saw that the base pay for N90 is $171k so if I'm understanding this correctly, coming from a level 6 up down with rest of US locality would put me at around $122k walking in the door?

3) With all the influx of new trainees coming to the facility from both the ERR bids and the OTS announcement, is it safe to assume that things will get super backed up there? E.g. if I were to apply and get done with TSEW/TETRA, would I be sitting around waiting for an in-house class date to start training forever? Thanks.

1.) They waived it for some classes, but it's mandatory again.

2.) Before CIP yes your fol from a 6 will be very close to 120

3.) Yes. I know some people there that said the people that arrive this December won't have a radar class until January 2020. Data classes are moving relatively fast.

So I wish I knew what was going on with this bid. I have to resign a lease and I need to know if I should sign a 12 month or a month to month which will cost me a lot more. I'll have to obviously turn down an offer if I sign another 12 month. I was thinking they were maybe waiting for a new fiscal year. Ugh

If you got picked up today, and they somehow got you to the academy tomorrow, it would still be 5-6 months before you got to long island, between your academy date and three month hold. Not to mention you can elect to stay at your facility for up to 12 months anyways, if you needed to stay through with your lease. Not to mention the move money will help you cover both rents, if you can't sublet it for whatever reason.

There's going to be way bigger obstacles than having a few months at the end of your lease. The facility is going to have around 100 trainees by the end of the year. They got 15 this week, more next week, and have another 30 something by the end of the year. They're packed. If you really want to work at n90 then you need to be patient.

Usually a job transfer will let you get out of your lease. You’ll probably lose your security deposit but what’s 1 month rent compared to $250k/yr?

1.) They waived it for some classes, but it's mandatory again.

2.) Before CIP yes your fol from a 6 will be very close to 120

3.) Yes. I know some people there that said the people that arrive this December won't have a radar class until January 2020. Data classes are moving relatively fast.

If you got picked up today, and they somehow got you to the academy tomorrow, it would still be 5-6 months before you got to long island, between your academy date and three month hold. Not to mention you can elect to stay at your facility for up to 12 months anyways, if you needed to stay through with your lease. Not to mention the move money will help you cover both rents, if you can't sublet it for whatever reason.

There's going to be way bigger obstacles than having a few months at the end of your lease. The facility is going to have around 100 trainees by the end of the year. They got 15 this week, more next week, and have another 30 something by the end of the year. They're packed. If you really want to work at n90 then you need to be patient.

Why would I want to spend my move money on paying for rent in 2 places.... but thanks anyways. I'm well aware of what I'm getting myself into and idc if I have to wait around years to train. I need to get there for family issues. It's not about being patient it's about being an adult and trying to plan my life the most economical way possible.

Usually a job transfer will let you get out of your lease. You’ll probably lose your security deposit but what’s 1 month rent compared to $250k/yr?

Yeah I looked into that but they said only military orders will get me out of it. Thanks for the suggestion though

Why would I want to spend my move money on paying for rent in 2 places.... but thanks anyways. I'm well aware of what I'm getting myself into and idc if I have to wait around years to train. I need to get there for family issues. It's not about being patient it's about being an adult and trying to plan my life the most economical way possible.
This irrationale is incredible

Back
Top Bottom