NATCA Candidate Forum, May 9 @ MSP

Having anybody take the BIO-Q was ridiculous. And anytime you can get the FAA to use common sense is a concession. I’m not advocating for the hiring process by any means. The BIO-Q screwed my brother out of this career after acing the ATSAT.

Having anybody take the BIO-Q was ridiculous. And anytime you can get the FAA to use common sense is a concession. I’m not advocating for the hiring process by any means. The BIO-Q screwed my brother out of this career after acing the ATSAT.

No disagreement there brother and I agree with you to an extent, but saying that it was a concession about hiring in exchange accepting the NCEPT is not something I agree with. IF it happened that way (again no proof that it did, this is speculation) I would seriously have doubts about the negotiating abilities of Paul or Trish. Alas, we are not here to discuss how screwed up the whole hiring process for 2014 was as I think we all unequivocally agree it was bullocks.

Not gonna get too involved here because I feel like as far as Paul and Brian, I could see both groups just being more entrenched in their candidate after this.

Did anyone else feel like Riley was a little out of his depth and just kind of along for the ride?

I don't think he's wrong... If a baseball team sent their captains to a store to buy red shirts, and one guy goes in and tries to buy blue shirts, they probably wouldn't send him next time.

No one is saying to break with the union in front of the Congress or NiW, but to not tolerate dissent amongst the ranks or listen to a different opinion comes off extremely arrogant.

No one is saying to break with the union in front of the Congress or NiW, but to not tolerate dissent amongst the ranks or listen to a different opinion comes off extremely arrogant.

From that video, what you heard is that Paul does not tolerate dissent amongst the ranks or listen to a different opinion?

"When you have somebody thats working on a project that can't work collaboratively, that person has to go."

Do you disagree with this? Do you want people that won't work collaboratively on our teams?

"When you have somebody thats working on a project that can't work collaboratively, that person has to go."

Do you disagree with this? Do you want people that won't work collaboratively on our teams?

People can work collaboratively and have a different opinion . Regardless of our point of view the goal remains the same to protect the membership. Having a team full of yes-men know is extremely concerning to me because I fear that they cannot always look at things objectively . Now, a system exists where 10 high-ranking individuals are pooled to take every threat seriously. If nine agree to dismiss it, it is the duty of the tenth person to investigate further, even if it seems foolish.

People can work collaboratively and have a different opinion . Regardless of our point of view the goal remains the same to protect the membership. Having a team full of yes-men know is extremely concerning to me because I fear that they cannot always look at things objectively . Now, a system exists where 10 high-ranking individuals are pooled to take every threat seriously. If nine agree to dismiss it, it is the duty of the tenth person to investigate further, even if it seems foolish.

I agree, you can work collaboratively with a dissenting opinion. Is it also possible to have someone that can't work collaboratively? If there is someone that way, should you not remove them from the team?

Both candidates even say in this video several times that the NEB is constantly arguing and fighting with one another. It's not a room full of yes men, and it's not some crooked regime that doesn't tolerate dissenting opinions.

Back
Top Bottom