NATCA leadership on those leaving the union

All I want is a 32hr work week. No forced OT.

Also, I don't really consider any of us "upper class". I'd barely consider us a large percentage of controllers as "upper middle class" unless you're at a 12 in a cheap cost of living area.
The government can't afford a 32 hour work week. They can barely afford a 40 hour work week. They can afford gender studies in Pakistan though. That should at least make you feel a bit better during your second quick turn, 4 shifts into your mando 6 day work week.

The government can't afford a 32 hour work week. They can barely afford a 40 hour work week. They can afford gender studies in Pakistan though. That should at least make you feel a bit better during your second quick turn, 4 shifts into your mando 6 day work week.
They could literally triple the ATC work force AND raise each controller’s salary to $250,000 and it would still only work out to about 0.5% of the total Federal budget. But there would be zero political and/or special interest benefits from doing so.

Facts. Prob ZID and ZKC too but I think the rest of the Zs are in HCOL areas.
Definitely ZID as well. Indy and Cleveland are very similar in cost of living. I'd even wager that Minneapolis and Chicago Centers would be relatively closely behind those if people were willing to live in the opposite direction of the city/center with a longer commute.

New 804 collaboration announced by NATCA: all centers and tracons to consolidate radar positions to one super facility in Bozeman, Montana; resulting traffic validations and "mutually agreed upon contract interpretations" render all other FAA facilities to level 4. NATCA introduces new PAC donation "suggestions": 15% or more of your net pay gets your ERR paperwork expedited to the new "dynamic decisions" desk, 25% or more and the FacRep will include you in chow runs, 35% or more and you can work credit, sacrifice of firstborn enables 4 seconds of sustained eye contact with your regional rep every third full moon, and NATCA logo branded onto forehead earns you the ability to opt out of prima nocta rights held by FacRep and higher.

Kneel before Zod.

Definitely ZID as well. Indy and Cleveland are very similar in cost of living. I'd even wager that Minneapolis and Chicago Centers would be relatively closely behind those if people were willing to live in the opposite direction of the city/center with a longer commute.
Miami, jax, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, salt lake, Memphis, Chicago, Albuquerque, Indy, and Cleveland

Aren’t these all in cheaper cost of living areas compared to the coasts? That’s a lot of people, prob 30 percent of the certified workforce that make a lot of money and can find “reasonable” housing that won’t cost them 800k for house. Let’s stop crying poverty here.

Miami, jax, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, salt lake, Memphis, Chicago, Albuquerque, Indy, and Cleveland

Aren’t these all in cheaper cost of living areas compared to the coasts? That’s a lot of people, prob 30 percent of the certified workforce that make a lot of money and can find “reasonable” housing that won’t cost them 800k for house. Let’s stop crying poverty here.
I don't think CPCs are crying poverty; even if they were the response isn't to designate them as "upper class" either. Wanting financial security to be scalable and sustain buying power via CBA language doesn't equate to crying poverty in my book. And "compared to" is also a big giveaway. We can play the "compared to" game all the live long day.

... Actually, I think that's almost entirely what this site is for. Disregard and carry on.

I don't think CPCs are crying poverty; even if they were the response isn't to designate them as "upper class" either. Wanting financial security to be scalable and sustain buying power via CBA language doesn't equate to crying poverty in my book. And "compared to" is also a big giveaway. We can play the "compared to" game all the live long day.

... Actually, I think that's almost entirely what this site is for. Disregard and carry on.
Sustaining buying power means not buying a 60k truck then lifting it to highlight your tiny penis when a 35k used truck will serve your families needs.

Freedom doesn’t absolve you from consequences. Live within your means so a 8 percent jump in inflation doesn’t bury you and you are forced to complain about how the union isn’t doing enough for you to sustain your idiotic lifestyle

Sustaining buying power means not buying a 60k truck then lifting it to highlight your tiny penis when a 35k used truck will serve your families needs.

Freedom doesn’t absolve you from consequences. Live within your means so a 8 percent jump in inflation doesn’t bury you and you are forced to complain about how the union isn’t doing enough for you to sustain your idiotic lifestyle
As an AG having been in a holding pattern for over a year with no end in sight (and a head to the floor date in 2023 I shit you not), this is easier said than done. My lousy 2.whatever% I got in January has forced me to move further out to afford to live. Now, with surging gas prices, I have calculated it costs me $10+ dollars to report to work, or $100 a PP. When your net paycheck is less than 1k, that blows. I do not need to report to work to self-study... Trainees are quitting at my facility and moving back in with their parents because they cannot survive out here.

I would love a housing/travel stipend, or even the option to receive D1 now and pay it back over time.

You mad bro?

Sustaining buying power means not buying a 60k truck then lifting it to highlight your tiny penis
What I do to accentuate my tiny penis is between me and my thoroughly unsatisfied wife, sir.
"Freedom doesn't absolve you from consequences" is an overused crutch of an argument. Union members pay dues (sacrificing a set amount of financial freedom) with the understanding that a larger entity is supposed to actively work on our behalf to both improve and sustain our economic security. Pure libertarian economic freedom is a joke with a shitty punchline.

The Slate book doesn’t have enough in it to address the reality in a lot of the bigger facilities of Extreme Staffing shortages and mandatory OT. There needs to be an ability to get to double time or better if you’re getting mandatory holdover, to make it actually punitive on management to assign.

I understand the people at low level facilities struggling to get by, but there’s also an issue when you’re scheduled for 48 OTs a year. The 1.5X pay is nice every now and then, but trust me that most of us would honestly rather just make our base pay and get 2 days off.

The contract could have something to address any of this. Any kind of language that the first full 8 hour OT in a pay period Is 1.5X, the second one pays double. Anything. But just re-upping this contract when alot of our work lives absolutely suck is just kind of head scratching.

The cynic in me says the NATCA leadership doesn’t GAF because they don’t work the boards, they aren’t there working 5 under the staffing number 6 days a week, every week. To them we’re all just complainers.

I’m happy to shift swap w a non member who shows up to work traffic 6 days a week. I have more in common w that guy than with the Rep or RVP who’s been hiding from working traffic for a decade, and telling anybody who questions them that they’re just too ungrateful and don’t understand the big picture.

You mad bro?
I just think most people complaining about unforeseen inflation are unreasonable. They expect the union to think so far in advance to negotiate imaginary inflation to get them huge raises that many don’t get in the private sector based on their level of education, yet they themselves don’t have the money for a 1 month government shutdown which seems to happen every other year. Im not saying they should have to but it’s fucking hilarious watching the “government shouldn’t give hand outs, people need to work harder” types bitch and moan so they government can give them an handout and are the first ones to be sitting on their ass in the break room saying they don’t get paid enough to work harder.

Don’t get me wrong though the FAA needs to do better.

Last edited:
The Slate book doesn’t have enough in it to address the reality in a lot of the bigger facilities of Extreme Staffing shortages and mandatory OT. There needs to be an ability to get to double time or better if you’re getting mandatory holdover, to make it actually punitive on management to assign.

I understand the people at low level facilities struggling to get by, but there’s also an issue when you’re scheduled for 48 OTs a year. The 1.5X pay is nice every now and then, but trust me that most of us would honestly rather just make our base pay and get 2 days off.

The contract could have something to address any of this. Any kind of language that the first full 8 hour OT in a pay period Is 1.5X, the second one pays double. Anything. But just re-upping this contract when alot of our work lives absolutely suck is just kind of head scratching.

OT needs to increase every so often. Maybe every 50-100 hours of OT it increases to 2x, 3x pay, etc. The FAA has little reason to increase numbers for facilities when it's cheaper to just have people work overtime.

Also I agree wholeheartedly that the higher ups in NATCA are disconnected and probably have no sympathy for the day to day.

Even people who live well within their means are going to be effected by 8-9% inflation. Saying otherwise is pure bullshit. And like the poster above mentioned, some trainees still on AG pay who might be supporting a family as well are actually struggling to get by.

Pretty soon im not even gonna be able to afford my wife's boyfriends!

insult to injury, my local gas stations steadfastly remove my LGB "I did this" stickers everyday

CPI is bullshit. Inflation is way over 10%. Everyone knows it and everyone can feel it. Or is it 1.6%? :lol::lol::lol:

my local gas stations steadfastly remove my LGB "I did this" stickers everyday
Bruh, how many stations are you hitting up per day? Slurpees and those hot dogs on the rollers of sadness suppress my feelings of despair well too, but dang, one and done man!

Nervous Keanu Reeves GIF by IFC

Back
Top Bottom