Ncept is solid program

Why aren’t your trainees lined up exactly with their trainers? And do not trained combined?

Not enough staffing to ever do that at either facility I've been at. You'd have to have a full crew come in at 6am rather than 2 or 3 people. At the up/down I was at, you couldn't combine scopes until a certain point in training.

Also you can't force trainers to always work a 7am shift to line up with trainees. That's a grievance.

Not enough staffing to ever do that at either facility I've been at. You'd have to have a full crew come in at 6am rather than 2 or 3 people. At the up/down I was at, you couldn't combine scopes until a certain point in training.

Also you can't force trainers to always work a 7am shift to line up with trainees. That's a grievance.
A lot of the trainees or trainers just shit swap if they don’t line up. That combined thing seems self inflicted for no reason. But yah if the trainee isn’t willing to be flexible then they won’t get as many hours

Why are your trainees scheduled for such early shifts if there isn’t traffic/training until about an hour after they come in? Besides maybe their Friday. Seems counterproductive.

Why aren’t your trainees lined up exactly with their trainers?
Our trainees don't come in before 630a or stay after 930p.... trainers may come in at 5a, 530a, 6a or 630a or on a night shift trainers nay stay until 10p, 1030p, 11p, 1130p, or midnight.

Our trainees sign in between 630 and 700 on a day shift. Departure or arrival trainees maybe start training at 700, if there is traffic. Satellite trainees maybe start training at 730 or 800 depending on if the cargo props are on time or not. We don't train that early in the morning if there are no airplanes, we save that for later in the day.

Lmao phenomenal. PTK hasn’t released anyone through NCEPT in 6-7 years, only sup bids. Santa isn’t showing his face in Detroit for a while after that last meeting
I’m Santa’s defense it’s most LoBodvidge enforcing that, Santa is actually smart enough not to touch it lol.

Why are your trainees scheduled for such early shifts if there isn’t traffic/training until about an hour after they come in? Besides maybe they’re Friday. Seems counterproductive.
Believe it or not at some facilities some people argue it’s unfair scheduling practices if you don’t schedule them in those shifts especially if the BWS doesn’t specify who is able to be on those shifts. As if training isn’t the most important thing for the trainee or the cpc around them.

Edit: ironically those same people are generally the people who complain the most about staffing and ncept

Last edited:
Believe it or not at some facilities some people argue it’s unfair scheduling practices if you don’t schedule them in those shifts especially if the BWS doesn’t specify who is able to be on those shifts. As if training isn’t the most important thing for the trainee or the cpc around them.

Edit: ironically those same people are generally the people who complain the most about staffing and ncept
Sounds like a lot of facilities just create their own hurdles. That’s why the NTI is a great thing lol

Creating their own hurdles for safety.

I'm pretty certain it's common at most of not all TRACONS to not allow a trainee to train combined positions early on in training or till their semi competent at the first scope.

Also many towers/TRACONS require CIC to be staffed separately while training is in progress for safety.

Not all of the NAS is working at a center with 200+ controllers.

I still don’t understand why doubling hours is lazy. Letting the kid train on slow traffic than busy traffic is better than making them sit and do nothing for 6 months till you deem it’s busy enough.
If you’re building is slow for six months…and then “busy”, guess what, you’re not seasonal, you’re slow….

If you’re building is slow for six months…and then “busy”, guess what, you’re not seasonal, you’re slow….

Sounds like summer traffic. Last I checked summer was a season and seasonal is defined as relating to or characteristic of a particular season of the year. Therefore summer traffic is seasonal traffic.

Sounds like summer traffic. Last I checked summer was a season and seasonal is defined as relating to or characteristic of a particular season of the year. Therefore summer traffic is seasonal traffic.
So give them more hours so they can train all year instead of either sit and do nothing or run out before they are “ready”

Why are your trainees scheduled for such early shifts if there isn’t traffic/training until about an hour after they come in? Besides maybe their Friday. Seems counterproductive.
In our case this happens to avoid overlap so everyone can get 4 hours!

Back
Top Bottom