Serious New N90 to EWR June 1, 2024, and June 30, 2024

So 24 CPCs and 6 Trainees are leaving N90. But N90 #'s aren't decreasing(why?)? They will be like 30% staffing lol.

I’ll say this, unpopular as it might be, this was negotiated for in bad faith. We still do not know what NATCA “traded” for this move and the fact that they sold the members up river.
Congress started getting involved and saying this move is happening. Natca stopped collaborating and went traditional with impact and implementation negotiations. We have to deal with the known and it doesn’t look like anywhere in here does it say anyone’s being forced to move it says volunteers. If no one volunteers, no one has to go but they secured a bag for those who want to go. This is a win for NATCA and a win for rich showing off his negotiating skills.

Also, these controllers are expected to be happy with a 10% pay cut after 4 years? A basic pay raise of 10% seems more appropriate.
It’s volunteer they don’t have to go, no one is being forced to go

It’s volunteer they don’t have to go, no one is being forced to go
My fault, I defer to your wisdom. You are right, these "volunteers" only deserve a 10% pay cut after 4 years. All the 10% CIP does is offset locality. There is no pay advantage to move.

My fault, I defer to your wisdom. You are right, these "volunteers" only deserve a 10% pay cut after 4 years. All the 10% CIP does is offset locality. There is no pay advantage to move.
Because the cost of living is lower around that area? They can live in a reasonably priced location and not be stuck on the islad, get a fuck ton of move money…maybeee those people would volunteer

Congress started getting involved and saying this move is happening. Natca stopped collaborating and went traditional with impact and implementation negotiations. We have to deal with the known and it doesn’t look like anywhere in here does it say anyone’s being forced to move it says volunteers. If no one volunteers, no one has to go but they secured a bag for those who want to go. This is a win for NATCA and a win for rich showing off his negotiating skills.
What if there are no volunteers?

Cause your other brothers and sisters might volunteer for this amount instead of holding out?

Like this ain't rocket surgery.
And if they don't? What if enough people realize that "we'll get more" by not volunteering and going through another round of phenomenal negotiations?

For those that want to volunteer, great! I think there are some great things in the MOU and getting a move in 3 years if you want is the cherry on top.

My point is more of this whole MOU assumes they can do this move because enough people will volunteer. But there's nothing in it about what happens if there aren't enough other than at the beginning when it says the agency will notify the union when it will push back the cutover dates. You would think they would have negotiated similar benefits if they are going to "force" moves. But as of now, that's not happening. Some good things in this MOU sure but I'm not tooting Santa's horn for it unlike some.

Would you take a one time 30(ish)% lump sum to move your family to a place you don't want to go in hopes you get to actually move where you want to go in 3 years? Or would you just say, nah I'm good right here.

And if they don't? What if enough people realize that "we'll get more" by not volunteering and going through another round of phenomenal negotiations?

For those that want to volunteer, great! I think there are some great things in the MOU and getting a move in 3 years if you want is the cherry on top.

My point is more of this whole MOU assumes they can do this move because enough people will volunteer. But there's nothing in it about what happens if there aren't enough other than at the beginning when it says the agency will notify the union when it will push back the cutover dates. You would think they would have negotiated similar benefits if they are going to "force" moves. But as of now, that's not happening. Some good things in this MOU sure but I'm not tooting Santa's horn for it unlike some.

Would you take a one time 30(ish)% lump sum to move your family to a place you don't want to go in hopes you get to actually move where you want to go in 3 years? Or would you just say, nah I'm good right here.
This MOU is solely for volunteers, I confirmed with my RVP. If no one volunteers then the fight with the agency begins. So the fact rich got all of this and it’s not any forced move is crazy.

Idk I guess the FAA budget? where does the unlimited OT come from?
Comes from the rest of the FAA budget, in the end. Increase in controller pay means fewer HR positions to work through the new hires. More OT means less money for replacing broken radio equipment and remediating asbestos ceiling tiles.

Not that you can necessarily draw a 1-for-1 direct line between "One controller worked one more OT shift this year" and "The agency won't buy us a second microwave for the kitchen." But at the end of the day Congress gives the FAA a finite amount of money and it's a zero-sum game.

Comes from the rest of the FAA budget, in the end. Increase in controller pay means fewer HR positions to work through the new hires. More OT means less money for replacing broken radio equipment and remediating asbestos ceiling tiles.

Not that you can necessarily draw a 1-for-1 direct line between "One controller worked one more OT shift this year" and "The agency won't buy us a second microwave for the kitchen." But at the end of the day Congress gives the FAA a finite amount of money and it's a zero-sum game.
I mean if we are budgeted for 15k controllers then where does the salaries we aren’t paying go? I guess the point is at the end of the day they can just do whatever

It would be real unfortunate for 24 people to voluntarily transfer to PHL, take roughly $100K, and then move four years later with no one certifying or if PHL controllers volunteered, took 25% to enter training and then washed out on the floor. I don’t see how this ends well for the Agency.

Back
Top Bottom