Serious New N90 to EWR June 1, 2024, and June 30, 2024

You guys at other consolidated facilities.. How much they give yall?

All the other consolidations have also been lower level to higher level facilities or peer to peer and then an increase in level from higher facility count. This is a 12 to an 11, although most likely a 12 again within a year.

Aside from my general dislike of N90, the most interesting thing is CIP being negotiated outside of the original CIP money pool. At the national level they make it sound like it's an act of God to mess with CIP.
They're just alotting $ from the pool of negotiating funds in the MOU. This tells me there is more to bargain for or they'd say no. It's a nice bump for both sides IMO. extra 1k+ per check.

Kick in the nuts for all the past 804s who got PCS money and nothing else.

Not really. Every other 804 involved a low level going into a higher level or becoming a higher level after the 804 so they got generally significant raises. No other 804 had the opposition from the people that were moving that this has afaik either. This is taking an area from a level 12 and putting it in a level 11. PHL CIP and locality is quite a bit less so it will be a pay cut. It will be incredibly short staffed CPC-wise, even if the FAA gets the full 24 people (they won’t) that they say they need for at least 2 years til some people start checking out. Working conditions will suck. Not to mention it’s probably the worst real estate market to move in in decades.

You guys at other consolidated facilities.. How much they give yall?
You Lose Get Out GIF

I mean, I ultimately did get to transfer out of my first facility ~2 years after consolidation, downgrade, and staffing numbers being decreased.

But it wasn't by an ERR & NCEPT (2 years of getting passed over at level 6s and 7s because they were on the academy list); fortunately I was able to find a USAjobs SSS bid and go that route.

And then they refused my 6% raise transferring from my 4 to a 5. And NATCA refused to fight for my 6% and told me to stop bothering them.

So that was fun. 🤷‍♂️

Not really. Every other 804 involved a low level going into a higher level or becoming a higher level after the 804 so they got generally significant raises. No other 804 had the opposition from the people that were moving that this has afaik either. This is taking an area from a level 12 and putting it in a level 11. PHL CIP and locality is quite a bit less so it will be a pay cut. It will be incredibly short staffed CPC-wise, even if the FAA gets the full 24 people (they won’t) that they say they need for at least 2 years til some people start checking out. Working conditions will suck. Not to mention it’s probably the worst real estate market to move in in decades.
I was talking about the ELM/BGM to AVP 804, but go off.

If you want to go down the road of comparing the N90 move to 804s, why should someone working the ISP area at N90 get an extra 10% CIP (from a limitless pool, mind you) just because the area two down from them is worked from a different facility? That makes zero goddamned sense. Will the people left behind when BGM becomes a tower-only get 10% CIP?

I was talking about the ELM/BGM to AVP 804, but go off.

If you want to go down the road of comparing the N90 move to 804s, why should someone working the ISP area at N90 get an extra 10% CIP (from a limitless pool, mind you) just because the area two down from them is worked from a different facility? That makes zero goddamned sense. Will the people left behind when BGM becomes a tower-only get 10% CIP?

Yeah I don’t understand why the rest of the building (or PHL for thet matter) should be getting anything

Yeah I don’t understand why the rest of the building (or PHL for thet matter) should be getting anything
But if Rich was able to negotiate this and the agency said okay that’s a win. It doesn’t make sense but it’s more money for our controllers so good for them. I think every negotiation should look like that to start and if the agency bites that’s great, if he had to give up the other people getting CIP to get something else that’s smart but he didn’t have too.

But if Rich was able to negotiate this and the agency said okay that’s a win. It doesn’t make sense but it’s more money for our controllers so good for them. I think every negotiation should look like that to start and if the agency bites that’s great, if he had to give up the other people getting CIP to get something else that’s smart but he didn’t have too.
It's one of those where yes, it's great for those controllers that get it. But this is just a N90 thing, which is coming off as a sense of favoritism or entitlement due it to being N90. As someone else said, what about controllers at other facilities that have dealt with realignment or consolidation. Those controllers that didn't move didn't get anything like this and I would be shocked if any other facility moving forward gets it either. That's the issue I personally have with it. Again, it's great for the N90 guys, 100%! If this is a new standard, great! But I doubt it.

Frankly I’d prefer people not being effected not get it and that leaves more money for the people actually moving. They could give each person in the EWR area being asked to move $500k and save money.

Back
Top Bottom