Non-radar strip boards for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to do some reading on oak. I like to know a little about a lot and I learned some things from this.

An interesting tidbit from Wikipedia:

The Seven Sisters Oak is the largest certified southern live oak tree. Located in Mandeville, Louisiana, it is estimated to be up to 1,500 years old with a trunk that measures 467 inches (38.9 ft; 11.9 m) in circumference, with a height of 68 feet and crown spread of 139 feet.[1] This oak is also the National Champion on the National Register of Big Trees and the Champion Oak of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Forestry Association. The owner who first named the tree was Carole Hendry Doby, who was one of seven sisters. There are seven sets of branches leading away from the center trunk.[2] The Seven Sisters survived a near direct hit from Hurricane Katrina in August 2005.
The "Seven Sisters Oak," formerly known as "Doby's Seven Sisters," is the current president of the Live Oak Society,[3] a status awarded to it by being the largest live oak registered by the society.

Seven-Sisters-Oak.jpg

im still beyond belief that this person built like 50 strip holders out of oak.

I actually get it. I want to build an ironing board out of teak wood. I'm not kidding and I get this guy's choice to build this. I do however think he will not recoup the cost on a sale. It's too niche.

How do I join the Live Oak Society?
According to Society bylaws, the only human member permitted in the Society is the honorary Chairman, who is responsible for registering and recording live oak members.

Chairman is like a Supreme Court Justice so the current lady is in for life or voluntary retirement. Not sure if the other members convene to nominate the successor or what, but I heard they can take a very long time to decide.

According to Society bylaws, the only human member permitted in the Society is the honorary Chairman, who is responsible for registering and recording live oak members.

Chairman is like a Supreme Court Justice so the current lady is in for life or voluntary retirement. Not sure if the other members convene to nominate the successor or what, but I heard they can take a very long time to decide.
What if an 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that the Honorary Chairman's birth certificate is a fraud? Let's get this ball rolling I have a swamp to drain-fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom