November (Q1) 2023

Here’s how I understand it. I’m getting ready to certify on my last position in the next week or 2. So my June raise will stay, my cert raise is ~20k, then the ~4.6% in Jan. Basically if I cert after Jan I’ll get the Jan raise on my current salary THEN get my cert raise and if I cert in Dec I’ll get the Jan raise on my CPC salary. So for me the difference is the cert raise times the Jan raise (20,000*.046) - about 920.
That’s wrong. You will lose ALL your June raises from the entirety of your career once you certify, and go to the bottom of the CPC Band. So if you certify before June of 2023 you will get the 1.6 or whatever it is on top of the bottom of the CPC band.

That’s wrong. You will lose ALL your June raises from the entirety of your career once you certify, and go to the bottom of the CPC Band. So if you certify before June of 2023 you will get the 1.6 or whatever it is on top of the bottom of the CPC band.
Correct. Unless you are a CPC-IT.

Here is from Pay FAQ on the first page:

Further explanation: Why is 50% on the go, 50% upon certification important? Unlike a hardship or a swap, you essentially get to keep each June raise (January raises will increase the bands accordingly, and are not included in these examples for simplicity.)

Example ERR/MPP
Previous CPC salary - $100,000
New CPC band minimum salary - $120,000
Salary on the go - $100,000 + $10,000 = $110,000
First June Raise - $111,760
Second June Raise - $113,548
Certification - $113,548 + 10,000 = $123,548.

Raises during training are kept in the final CPC pay.

I was a cpc-it this year and certified. I went to the bottom of the CPC band of my facility. Lost all my previous June raises. I had at least one June raise during training and it’s gone. I make the bottom of the band.
If you went from a low level to a high level and certified quickly (like 1 June raise and the 2.1 gov raise last year), then mathematically its possible that the CPC band raised more than your 1.6% plus cert raise. In which case you would go to the bottom of the band.

It's either that or HR hosed you.

I was a cpc-it this year and certified. I went to the bottom of the CPC band of my facility. Lost all my previous June raises. I had at least one June raise during training and it’s gone. I make the bottom of the band.
That seems like something you should ask your union people about. If your rep doesn't know, take it higher. Slate Book 108-7-c seems pretty clear (and I say seems):
  • Upon transfer, your new pay is set to either a 6% or 8% raise (depending on FPL from and to) or the new CPC Band minimum, whichever is higher.
  • Therefore your pay continues to increase with every June increase.
  • The catch is that even though your new pay is immediately set to that high number, you only get half of it at first. You get the other half when you certify. Simple addition.
The other thing to remember is that all of these calculations are done on your basic pay: the pay shown on your SF-50 prior to the locality multiplier.

If you went from a low level to a high level and certified quickly (like 1 June raise and the 2.1 gov raise last year), then mathematically its possible that the CPC band raised more than your 1.6% plus cert raise.
Is it? Let me work through the most extreme example:

2021 Level 4 CPC minumum (no June raises at all): $53,447
2021 Level 12 CPC minimum: $114,942
Difference: $61,495
2021 (pre-June) CPC-IT basic pay: $53,447+($61,495/2) = $84,195
2021 (post-June) CPC-IT basic pay (1.6% increase): $85,542
2022 CPC-IT basic pay (2.2% increase): $87,424
2022 Level 12 CPC minimum: $117,471
2022 CPC certification: $87,424+($61,495/2) = $118,172

So POINTOUT should be making more than the new CPC minimum.

This is my 3rd facility, just checked and I kept my June raise at #2. Must have been a mistake on your payroll.

That seems like something you should ask your union people about. If your rep doesn't know, take it higher. Slate Book 108-7-c seems pretty clear (and I say seems):
  • Upon transfer, your new pay is set to either a 6% or 8% raise (depending on FPL from and to) or the new CPC Band minimum, whichever is higher.
  • Therefore your pay continues to increase with every June increase.
  • The catch is that even though your new pay is immediately set to that high number, you only get half of it at first. You get the other half when you certify. Simple addition.
The other thing to remember is that all of these calculations are done on your basic pay: the pay shown on your SF-50 prior to the locality multiplier.

Is it? Let me work through the most extreme example:

2021 Level 4 CPC minumum (no June raises at all): $53,447
2021 Level 12 CPC minimum: $114,942
Difference: $61,495
2021 (pre-June) CPC-IT basic pay: $53,447+($61,495/2) = $84,195
2021 (post-June) CPC-IT basic pay (1.6% increase): $85,542
2022 CPC-IT basic pay (2.2% increase): $87,424
2022 Level 12 CPC minimum: $117,471
2022 CPC certification: $87,424+($61,495/2) = $118,172

So POINTOUT should be making more than the new CPC minimum.
You're right. I made a mistake in my math. So I'll revert to he got hosed.

Were you an ERR or a hardship or a swap or reentrant? The pay adjustments are different for the transfer type

The only way I think it’s possible for that to be correct is if your ERR was a big jump and/or you’ve been in training so long that the bottom of the band has outpaced your ‘half upon cert’ dollar amount. Or HR did it wrong. Your dollar amount raise to basic pay for your half on the go and half upon cert will be in your FOL. Go into eOPF and look at the basic pay adjustment on your cert sf50 and make sure it matches FOL. You may have adjusted FOLs if you were giving pay adjustments while awaiting release from your previous facility

If someone had a release date for June 2023 from last NCEPT and you got picked up this NCEPT, would you have to wait until after the first person’s release date or can you get out earlier? Both cat 2

If someone had a release date for June 2023 from last NCEPT and you got picked up this NCEPT, would you have to wait until after the first person’s release date or can you get out earlier? Both cat 2
The other person would have to be offered the earlier date first. If they decline then you can take it.

Out of curiosity, when someone gets their TOL, do you have to return and accept it with an agreed upon release date or does that come after?

Wish I got mine to be able to answer this but I think someone said you get a TOL with no salary or anything on it just like a place holder then you get FOL with salary start date a few days later is what I think happens

Back
Top Bottom