OJTI Premium Pay Temporary Increase

most CPCs i know dont know what a BCS2 is... We dont see too many of them, but they usually have to ask someone or, if they started making the traffic call before they looked at the type, just call it a BCS2

Aircraft Performance Database

"The Airbus A220 was designed by Bombardier Aerospace and originally marketed as the Bombardier CSeries CS100 before it had been sold to Airbus."

It's not random. The aviation industry is actually pretty cool if you pay attention and ask the questions.
I know what the backstory and everything to the plane, I followed along when it was getting hit with tariffs under trump. Just didn’t realize that was the designator and that’s never the one I thought they’d give with it’s current callsign.

Anyone else realize there is no such thing as a BCS2 or have I fell for all this sarcasm?
I was under the impression that there is a 1 and a 3

Fun fact, SHIP is the proper way to label a airship not BLMP as my coworkers do. Additionally when calling traffic I use the term dirigible so all the pilots on frequency think I'm stroken out like the vegas chick... allegedly.

The responsibility for a trainee to have a proper knowledge base of aircraft types 100% does not lie upon the shoulders of an OJTI on the control floor lol.

I’ve been compared to trump FML lol

I’m admittedly not the biggest book nerd but you get my point… I’m afraid to ask what they would call a BCS2.

Attachments

• B80046AA-65CC-40D9-9CC5-3F7AF3ED9CAB.jpeg
    B80046AA-65CC-40D9-9CC5-3F7AF3ED9CAB.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 64
Your comment was clearly referring to more than just aircraft types.

It’s not the trainers responsibility to ensure a trainees knowledge level is up to standard before certification? Who’s responsibility is it then?
You’re absolutely right. Aircraft types is a basic knowledge skill. That is not something that should need to be taught during OJT. If a trainee doesn’t know aircraft types then they do not belong on the control floor. That just means they don’t care enough to study. OJT is meant for the teaching of air traffic skills, it is not meant to be a time to “teach” rote memory skills.

I agree. I’d rather have a trainee bonehead this and be able to push planes as opposed to an aviation geek that couldn’t separate but knew every plane down to a T
Totally agree…but let’s not make up aircraft types.

You can literally look up any aircraft in ERIDs in 5 seconds

…if you work in a center

Last edited:
You’re absolutely right. Aircraft types is a basic knowledge skill. That is not something that should need to be taught during OJT. If a trainee doesn’t know aircraft types then they do not belong on the control floor. That just means they don’t care enough to study. OJT is meant for the teaching of air traffic skills, it is not meant to be a time to “teach” rote memory skills.
I never said OJTIs should teach basic information. The responsibility still falls on them to ensure a trainee knows basic information. If they don’t and are certified it still falls on the trainer for not ensuring a trainee possesses the basic knowledge base they’re expected to have.

NAV Canada is a shithole, all they do is cut off American flights from going through their airspace. Imagine if similar onerous restrictions were put on all their YVR, YYZ, YYC, YUL, YOWs etc. Theyd be crying the blues! Keep maxxing those PAC donations.

lol @ the idea that people can be socially distanced in a tower or small radar room w scopes right next to each other. Was always absurd on its face, and still is.

Remember when Paul (et al) was being set up w a golden parachute for a "seat on the board" ? Lol now NATCA just hires these people for 300k "Chief of Staff" Assistant to the assistant jobs, and they pop up as guest speakers on NATCA's behalf. Incest is bad. weakens the gene pool. Hazardous to health. Remember that Hazard pay article in the CBA? lawls

IMO 20% wont help certify anyone, but its at least a nice bone to throw to the OJTIs who are stuck watching trainees try to have mid airs and VGT style runway collisions. Having to train this current crop of trainees is cruel and unusual punishment. Higher shift differential wont help when you stroke out by 57! ☠️

Most of the post covid trainees are awful and unable to ramp back up to normal traffic. It seems theyve been irreconcilably corrupted by the 2ish years of loose easy elimination of standards and work ethic. "HEY, whadabout my EARLY SHOVE, WTF!" Thanks NATCA for sacrificing a generation of controllers at the altar of authoritarian fear mongering and mandates. remember JAB OR JOB? Mask UP 4 tHE MISH? Trainees were set up for failure by the people they were paying to advocate for them. Now theyre being washed in droves or sent to LEvel 4's in the middle of a corn field, eager to enter the NCEPT Hunger Games
I am sure the controllers that trained you said the same shit

I am sure the controllers that trained you said the same shit

No. Not all trainees suck. The good ones have most of the OJTIs openly volunteering to help them get better and dropping bits of wisdom on them, getting them ghost time, etc. Kinda like if ur kid is a little brat everyone in the office or on the plane is annoyed, but if they're cute and polite and well mannered old people go out of their way to interact and give them thay shiny silver dollar or piece of candy or valuable social interaction... all of which is a force multiplier in creating a good human that people actually like.

You must not be a controller.

Did you actually read what you quoted before you decided to fly off the handle? That’s the whole point they were making. Obviously the union has been working on this for a while but yet again no communication good or bad before it’s finished.
Do you understand how negotiations work?

Abolish NATCA

Vibing Red Alert GIF by Vibeheads

Back
Top Bottom