Pushed to the brink? Another NYT article rehashes all the problems that haven't changed since before Reagan and PATCO

Not NATCA trying to downplay factual things in the agency to the very controllers that see what goes on in the agency over a email lmao
NATCA can burn in hell with the FAA, NYT needs to start writing articles about NATCA and their complicit behavior over the years, not in good faith representing their members appropriately.
What other unions are collaborating with management at this level? I’m guessing any other union maybe 5% or less on things that don’t involve pay, benefits and working conditions.

NATCA can burn in hell with the FAA, NYT needs to start writing articles about NATCA and their complicit behavior over the years, not in good faith representing their members appropriately.
What other unions are collaborating with management at this level? I’m guessing any other union maybe 5% or less on things that don’t involve pay, benefits and working conditions.
Ehh I'd love an article on the mega conferences, the good ol boys club that doesn't work traffic, the incestuous nepotism, etc.
BUT other federal unions are doing similar stuff at the VA and NASA..however their regulations don't seem to try to change daily.

I'm very sad that we have allowed all the blame on the nas to slip to controllers.

Read EVERY notam, call EVERY area of precip, READ every weather message from the overlying center pirep system.

Seriously we don't have a filter I have to dig through everything and be the filter IN ADDITION to higher traffic counts.

Live look at NATCA Propaganda Ministers attempting to LIE their fucking faces off about the banger Emily Steel article...

Ea5DrciWkAA6pxZ.jpg

I thought of this too, this news will be hell on NATCA leadership too (since they are basically the FAA) but I am glad that is happening as they did almost nothing meaningful to try to improve things.
The already released a cope email statement about it. Boo hoo cwrg cwrg cwrg, as if that’s the silver bullet that will fix everything. Brand new certs can’t and won’t work traffic like people who have been certified for 5,10 plus years🙃. they don’t care about pay or the death schedule that is the rattler. They only want CWRG bc more staff means more membership which means more dues.

Last edited:
What percentage of staffing would be helped if NATCA stopped supporting the agency on all the article 114 projects?

Quite the bargaining chip, we can’t help you till you staff us. Sorry, not sorry.

Oh wait, we wouldn’t want to sacrifice the sacred cow….

IMG_3060.jpeg

The already released a cope email statement about it. Boo hoo cwrg cwrg cwrg, as if that’s the silver bullet that will fix everything 🙃 they don’t care about pay or the death schedule that is the rattler. They only want CWRG bc more staff means more membership which means more dues.
They will do anything but negotiate things that directly benefit us

What percentage of staffing would be helped if NATCA stopped supporting the agency on all the article 114 projects?

Quite the bargaining chip, we can’t help you till you staff us. Sorry, not sorry.

View attachment 9100
Devil's advocate here but if we didn't have some 114 reps the FAA would be developing and implementing new procedures and technology on their own... would that really be any better?

"open bar at the NATCA Christmas party!"

evil-laugh-laugh.gif
It’s the only way to help get the value from our dues back lol.

View attachment 9100
I used to think Article 114 details might be worth it but then I was sitting in on a Fac Rep call just under two years ago when it was discussed how the new version of CRU-ART was just about to be implemented, and all the improvements coming with it (the improvements were nothing that would really make a difference or that 98% of people would ever notice or use, or stuff that already exists like being warned of signing in without the 9 hour wait time). It’s been not one but two years since then and not only is it not implemented, I haven’t heard a word since. Did they cancel the project? And that is replacing CRU-ART, about the simplest task a national workgroup could ever be assigned.

What do we have these Article 114 people for, the new wake turbulence rules lol.

Devil's advocate here but if we didn't have some 114 reps the FAA would be developing and implementing new procedures and technology on their own... would that really be any better?
its not devils advocate it’s just what would happen. Sure would free up more slots for deviations though….

Counterpoint, the FAA and by extension management can push whatever they want regardless if Article 114 existed or not. Article 114 needs to be recallable and good time only to last for 1 year.

There hardly ever staffed by people who actually know what’s going on tho. They always go to the elite. Do we want someone who doesn’t even work to negotiate for us?

Do you want someone who works 60 hour work weeks and also does the 114 stuff for free? I’m confused.
No we want all the details to go to supes instead so the BU has no input in anything all the details get back filled from the floor and oh wait…

I used to think Article 114 details might be worth it but then I was sitting in on a Fac Rep call just under two years ago when it was discussed how the new version of CRU-ART was just about to be implemented, and all the improvements coming with it (the improvements were nothing that would really make a difference or that 98% of people would ever notice or use, or stuff that already exists like being warned of signing in without the 9 hour wait time). It’s been not one but two years since then and not only is it not implemented, I haven’t heard a word since. Did they cancel the project? And that is replacing CRU-ART, about the simplest task a national workgroup could ever be assigned.

What do we have these Article 114 people for, the new wake turbulence rules lol.
Our OM just took a temporary detail starting mid month to travel to facilities and teach people on the CRU-ART replacement software. I can't remember what it is called at the moment. But apparently it is going to be implemented.

Do you want someone who works 60 hour work weeks and also does the 114 stuff for free? I’m confused.
It would be cool if they actually went to regular people and not fac reps or other Natca elite who got voted out. And as others have said and you come back to work after

Wouldn’t it be great if just once during these hearings on ATC staffing our NATCA rep would utter the words that better pay would result in better staffing. Safety bonuses, time on position premiums, getting away from the GS scale so senior controllers delay retirements for better high 3s etc…

Back
Top Bottom