Pushed to the brink? Another NYT article rehashes all the problems that haven't changed since before Reagan and PATCO

It doesn’t matter if you like it. It’s objectively bad, so likability is irrelevant. My kid might love ice cream for breakfast but it’s my job as the adult to say “no”.

The faa saying schedules are locally negotiated means that there isn’t any healthy food in the house, so they let the kids choose the junk food and then blame the kids when they get fat. Except junk food is the rattler and getting fat means early death.
I don’t really understand this line of thinking. So in your mind the FAA is the adult and we are kids that need to be told what’s good for us? If you argue this way, where else can this be applied?

I get the rattler sucks for some people but there’s no denying some prefer it. We don’t need the FAA to save us from ourselves. We’re adults and can negotiate at the facility level what type of schedule rotation we want to work. If you’re mad most people at your place want the rattler and you don’t, that sucks but try to convince them to make some straight lines next year.

Yea true but i guess most people have kids n stuff and cant always afford to do that.
Yah it’s one of those things where your spouse just has to understand that you are not available during this time frame. But it’s also not possible for all families. The best option is having a variety of lines available in your bid so more people can get exactly what they want.

If you’re mad most people at your place want the rattler and you don’t, that sucks but try to convince them to make some straight lines next year.
There is more of a chance of the FAA meeting its hiring needs than this ever happening. The rattler should never be forced upon anyone in order to make a facility operate and should be prohibited for the sake of safety.

Yea true but i guess most people have kids n stuff and cant always afford to do that.
Well you joined this career knowing you could get placed anywhere. If you CHOOSE to have kids and CHOOSE to bid a mid and CHOOSE to have an hour commute that's on you. Find me one facility where you can't get a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath home within 15 minutes.

Well you joined this career knowing you could get placed anywhere. If you CHOOSE to have kids and CHOOSE to bid a mid and CHOOSE to have an hour commute that's on you. Find me one facility where you can't get a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath home within 15 minutes.
You can’t avoid mids everywhere

Like find a house, or actually be able to afford a house like that? Because ZOA and a few others would like to talk to you…..

That said, my best commute was at one facility when I lived 3 miles away. Saved so much time. 20 minutes has been my commute at the last couple facilities for the last decade or so. Outside of that it gets annoying.

I did Queens to ZNY for a year and a half, which was a solid hour with no traffic. Coming home off the mid in traffic was absolutely brutal, and dangerous if you were tired. This was back in the white book days when there was absolutely no recuperative breaks and they were coming in to check on the mids looking for people sleeping.

However I realize I am fortunate enough to have reasonable houses within that distance that I can also afford.

All these years and your username and people still don’t get it

Like find a house, or actually be able to afford a house like that? Because ZOA and a few others would like to talk to you…..

That said, my best commute was at one facility when I lived 3 miles away. Saved so much time. 20 minutes has been my commute at the last couple facilities for the last decade or so. Outside of that it gets annoying.

I did Queens to ZNY for a year and a half, which was a solid hour with no traffic. Coming home off the mid in traffic was absolutely brutal, and dangerous if you were tired. This was back in the white book days when there was absolutely no recuperative breaks and they were coming in to check on the mids looking for people sleeping.

However I realize I am fortunate enough to have reasonable houses within that distance that I can also afford.
Literally has a pool right there right by zoa

All these years and your username and people still don’t get it
Hey I've posted 3 useful things

Literally has a pool right there right by zoa

Hey I've posted 3 useful things
That's a 55+ community. "Get yer age waivers in boys! Time to cruise for some of that AARP good-good." 😂

Back
Top Bottom