Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
It no longer reflects the population map of the United States
As the ‘population map’ changed, as you say, i.e. increased #’s into urban areas, that makes the Electoral College all the more necessary doesn’t it?

Reactions: twn
And Dems said the total opposite... Shocking!
and it went out the window when republicans decided to block garland. How is this so hard for people? If you claim some moral high ground based on letting the voters decide then turn around and do the exact opposite when it’s your chance it makes you full of shit. You can’t expect democrats to just lay down and accept a 6-3 deficit on the Supreme Court.

and it went out the window when republicans decided to block garland. How is this so hard for people? If you claim some moral high ground based on letting the voters decide then turn around and do the exact opposite when it’s your chance it makes you full of shit. You can’t expect democrats to just lay down and accept a 6-3 deficit on the Supreme Court.
....you are catching on. As President Obama would say....”Elections have consequences.”

The Republicans had the same argument last election that the Dems have this election, the opinions on the matter just flipped sides. All politicians are full of shit and unwilling to compromise and we keep electing this circlejerk ad infinitum. Part of the reason Trump was elected and the Senate/HOR constantly flips sides is people are tired of being lied to, but just end up re-electing or electing new bullshitters. If the Dems had spent the last 4 years not being psychotic and ran someone like Joe Biden I'd say it would be in the bag and understandably so. But they didn't, and I don't think it's going to get them what they want in November.

I don’t think the dems will pack the court right out of the gate. I do think they’ll nuke the filibuster though. What’s the point in trying to work with republicans on legislation when whatever you pass is just gonna get trashed by the conservative Supreme Court?

I don’t think the dems will pack the court right out of the gate. I do think they’ll nuke the filibuster though. What’s the point in trying to work with republicans on legislation when whatever you pass is just gonna get trashed by the conservative Supreme Court?
That same argument could have been made when it was a Democratic leaning court. Not every piece of legislation has to go through the supreme court.

It’s both sides being hypocrites. Before democrats were adamant they fill it etc, and Republicans wanted to hold off.
Now the dems want to hold off and Republicans want to fill it. Typical politics man.
“Use my words against me” god I hope that fuck loses

That same argument could have been made when it was a Democratic leaning court. Not every piece of legislation has to go through the supreme court.
But it will. The courts are the go to if someone passes legislation you don’t like. And the courts are so partisan now that you have judges that have no problem legislating from the bench.

Republicans are fighting court rulings that say states have to offer more than 1 voting drop off per county. Defend that voter suppression.

Republicans are fighting court rulings that say states have to offer more than 1 voting drop off per county. Defend that voter suppression.
Republicans know that making voting easier is bad for them. They have admitted as much.

He quotes AOC.....now that’s just too funny!
I didn’t quote anyone. I posted a picture of a republican making a basic spelling error in response to your generalization about liberals. Who is avoiding the argument now?

Republicans know that making voting easier is bad for them. They have admitted as much.

I mean you'd only have to get roughly 416 people per minute to drop off their vote for 12 hours straight. That's pretty reasonable right?

I also find it laughable that people think universal mail in voting is a secure method for voting.

Yes, it’s so good for our country when illegals and dead people vote. Can’t argue with that.
I’m sure you have some evidence of this to show us other than Trump tweets.

Just curious, do you believe a valid drivers license should be required to legally vote in our elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom