Short approach definition

Acatc2023

FAA
Facility
U90 Tucson Tracon
Has anyone seen the audio from Denton tower going around Twitter? Care to weigh in on short approach?

Has anyone seen the audio from Denton tower going around Twitter? Care to weigh in on short approach?
I've never see a short approach that specifically defined. I also highly doubt ANYONE would make it that specific.

Granted. When I was at my contract tower, I told the flight school (our largest customer) I don't care what you do, as long as you do your short approaches in a similar fashion all the time, do your normal bases at the same point. I'll control around all that.

I've never see a short approach that specifically defined. I also highly doubt ANYONE would make it that specific.

Granted. When I was at my contract tower, I told the flight school (our largest customer) I don't care what you do, as long as you do your short approaches in a similar fashion all the time, do your normal bases at the same point. I'll control around all that.
I have done many short approaches, if I ever used it, I tried to ask them to be abeam the threshold to start the base. Then they roll out just short of the thresh hold.
I think that was her expectation based on other short approaches, don’t blame her for that. Shouldn’t have brought up google though. But she is getting destroyed on twitter, even a petition to get her fired.

If you google it the first five results have five different definitions.
The only one that matters is in the pcg

Back
Top Bottom