Side jobs?

Really though, is there anything that says we (the peons sitting at home) can’t get a second gig. Or do we have to disclose to the mighty information vacuums that are our sups?

Really though, is there anything that says we (the peons sitting at home) can’t get a second gig. Or do we have to disclose to the mighty information vacuums that are our sups?
I forget the exact working, but you can have any job you want as long as it doesn’t interfere with your working day or hours. Since you are sitting at home, you can work absolutey anything, just quit as soon as they call you back. In my opinion if you are sitting at home it’s a silver lining to pay off debt, grow your nest egg, etc. you’ll be making money hand over fist like 32andBelow should be doing since he is desperate for money

Just don’t go get hired by an airline or any other company that can be considered within those “conflict of interest” parameters and you’re golden. I’ve known a bunch of people who just got jobs at Dunkin, Wendy’s, etc and fully plan to just quit on the spot when they’re recalled.

I forget the exact working, but you can have any job you want as long as it doesn’t interfere with your working day or hours. Since you are sitting at home, you can work absolutey anything, just quit as soon as they call you back. In my opinion if you are sitting at home it’s a silver lining to pay off debt, grow your nest egg, etc. you’ll be making money hand over fist like 32andBelow should be doing since he is desperate for money

WTF!!! I was told, by H.R. in OKC, that I CANNOT be "employed" at all anywhere else...AT ALL if I on-board. I was supposed to start April 3rd. I know my situation may be different in regards to supporting a family of 6 w/ a dog & cat...couldn't afford to on-board. Yes, I understand such statement mentioned prior "no interference with class time/ schedule" but my current employment does/ would NOT interfere and "they" told me that "it doesn't matter" due to something along the lines of: if employed by the FAA, I can be employed by no one/ other!!!

WTF!!! I was told, by H.R. in OKC, that I CANNOT be "employed" at all anywhere else...AT ALL if I on-board. I was supposed to start April 3rd. I know my situation may be different in regards to supporting a family of 6 w/ a dog & cat...couldn't afford to on-board. Yes, I understand such statement mentioned prior "no interference with class time/ schedule" but my current employment does/ would NOT interfere and "they" told me that "it doesn't matter" due to something along the lines of: if employed by the FAA, I can be employed by no one/ other!!!

Just get a second job and don't tell anyone. Only person that is gonna take care you is you. Your instructors won't care and I highly doubt anyone that has any say over your career would care either. Just keep it to yourself and you'll be good.

Not true, you can work weekends and during the week after your self-study hours.

Looks like FY2020 classes are full, may have to start getting lean, or moonlight.

Any HR rep that tells you you’re ‘absolutely not allowed’ to have any type of side gig doesn’t know what they’re talking about. If they say that, ask to get it in writing. Guarantee you they won’t be able to find anything. You work 40 hrs a week, the FAA has no say in what you do with the rest of your time as long as it’s not a conflict of interest.

Buy Boeing and America calls and sell them for big gains before they tell you that you aren’t allowed to do that.
My one regret with the FAA is that I wasnt able to hold my boeing stock, once all this stuff(max/corona) blows over they are going to balloon right back up.

Not true, you can work weekends and during the week after your self-study hours.

Looks like FY2020 classes are full, may have to start getting lean, or moonlight.

Thanks for the information guys/ people but this is some F@#king horse SH*T, fiscal yr possibly booked/ I won't be "skipped" but the ppl who on-board are getting through and having a second job!!!!!!!!!! As well as those ppl who on-boarded seem/ appear to be going down for 50148001 class. Sooner than me, yeah I get it...on paper I am not bypassed but I am...possibly?!?! And if you are referring to "moonlight" as 3rd shift/ sh*t then I am already there...been working it for years. I work +/-12 hr shift but I would have the option to amend that in order for "no interference" on online course.
Cannot believe what I am reading...if this is true, what I am reading!!! I have spoken to 3 H.R. reps in OKC....YES 3 and they stated that I cannot have even a part-time job/ work!!! And no I will not "get a side job and not tell anyone", appreciate the "different angle on approach" but if I were to have any luck at anything, I would only have bad luck and it would catch up to me...Have been though enough B.S. so no need for me to roll the dice on something now. FOL received 02/04/2020 and "supposed" to start 04/03/2020 but here we are/ I am!!!

I’m not saying that I trade airline options regularly, but the FAA can kiss my ass as far as what I can and can’t pursue on the stock market.

Thanks for the information guys/ people but this is some F@#king horse SH*T, fiscal yr possibly booked/ I won't be "skipped" but the ppl who on-board are getting through and having a second job!!!!!!!!!! As well as those ppl who on-boarded seem/ appear to be going down for 50148001 class. Sooner than me, yeah I get it...on paper I am not bypassed but I am...possibly?!?! And if you are referring to "moonlight" as 3rd shift/ sh*t then I am already there...been working it for years. I work +/-12 hr shift but I would have the option to amend that in order for "no interference" on online course.
Cannot believe what I am reading...if this is true, what I am reading!!! I have spoken to 3 H.R. reps in OKC....YES 3 and they stated that I cannot have even a part-time job/ work!!! And no I will not "get a side job and not tell anyone", appreciate the "different angle on approach" but if I were to have any luck at anything, I would only have bad luck and it would catch up to me...Have been though enough B.S. so no need for me to roll the dice on something now. FOL received 02/04/2020 and "supposed" to start 04/03/2020 but here we are/ I am!!!

I got my FOL in December, I feel the pain...but no one here can do jack shit about anything. If you have family to support, you may want to consider your plan B career. The fact of the matter is that the budget it coming up, the NAS is operating more or less sufficiently as is with reduced scheduling and reduced traffic, and it's an election year. Unless you're planning on graduating OKC by the end of September...the waiting game may not work in your favor. Shit happens.

I got my FOL in December, I feel the pain...but no one here can do jack shit about anything. If you have family to support, you may want to consider your plan B career. The fact of the matter is that the budget it coming up, the NAS is operating more or less sufficiently as is with reduced scheduling and reduced traffic, and it's an election year. Unless you're planning on graduating OKC by the end of September...the waiting game may not work in your favor. Shit happens.

So pardon me people for going down a different line than what this post was created for and I know all too well that "shit happens". It all runs down hill onto the next one in line. Have been on the "waiting game" that you speak of since 12 0f 2013. I'm locked in, if that is even a thing. FOL received/ have a great job/ career and have had it since 2014 so if need be i'll wait till the election is over, or longer, if need be. Thankfully the company I work for is "more than willing/ happy" to keep me. Work w/ ITW system warehouse automation with a distributor and have been for 6 & 1/2 yrs.

Heads up, this is directly from the email I received from HR before getting my FOL. I'm not going to get a second job, but its up to you guys if you want to deal with that.

" ii. You cannot be dual employed. You cannot receive paid leave from the FAA and have another job (not even after hours or part time). "

Back
Top Bottom