Slate Book extended until July 2026

Realistically I think asking for a 3-4% June increase should have been attempted and was attainable. Not all but many other unions do get annual raises like that. Even then Inflation will outpace 3% for the next few years. I understand we get a January raise which is supposed to combat inflation, but that raise never matched the true inflation rate, so between that and the 1.6% raise I don’t think we will break even over the next 6 years.
After a lot of the controller work force just got a 5 on 10 off schedule, or 5 on 5 off, or didn't have to come to work at all and still got a pay check. I can see that going well on Fox News when they smear us.

If youre not breaking even with our pay raises, youre really fucking up. Im sorry but some of you are just bad at finances and can't accept that.

Last edited:
It saves NATCA $1 million+ to not negotiate.
Isn’t that what we pay for?

After a lot of the controller work force just got a 5 on 10 off schedule, or 5 on 5 off, or didn't have to come to work at all and still got a pay check. I can see that going well on Fox News when they smear us.

If youre not breaking even with our pay rasises, youre really fucking up. Im sorry but some of you are just bad at finances and can't accept that.
It wasn’t about to expire tho… I’m more worried about pushing it to 2026 which would be a huge gamble.

It wasn’t about to expire tho… I’m more worried about pushing it to 2026 which would be a huge gamble.

Timing does seem a little silly. The only reason I have to why they did it is maybe to force a decent contract in the first term of a potential new president or expect the same if Biden runs again. Their outlook could be that a new president wouldn't want to alienate controllers and other unions with a terrible contract. Bush came out with the White Book in his 2nd term when he had nothing to lose.

Timing does seem a little silly. The only reason I have to why they did it is maybe to force a decent contract in the first term of a potential new president or expect the same if Biden runs again. Their outlook could be that a new president wouldn't want to alienate controllers and other unions with a terrible contract. Bush came out with the White Book in his 2nd term when he had nothing to lose.
I don’t think there is any chance we would have come out with a worse contract negotiating with mayor pete.

Nice insult. Ive seen the real world and I know that many jobs don't give guaranteed pay raises. 9.6% raise over 6 years is insanely good yet people are going to complain. I asked a simple question, how much do you think we could have negoatiated. So far no one has provided an answer, just attempts to insult.

Oh and those that think Trump would have passed this too, youre straight up delusional.

An improvement to NCEPT would have been nice.
The trump administration did sign off on keeping the contract the same for at least 1 natca represented facility. Cherry Point maybe. Maybe we would have had the same thing happen to us, maybe not. But, it was starting to lean that way.

The trump administration did sign off on keeping the contract the same for at least 1 natca represented facility. Cherry Point maybe. Maybe we would have had the same thing happen to us, maybe not. But, it was starting to lean that way.

A military facility. Not federal employees.

An improvement to NCEPT would have been nice.
Luckily we can do this without modifying the contract but also feels bad because it will never happen.

Luckily we can do this without modifying the contract but also feels bad because it will never happen.
Oh they modified NCEPT, they changed the rules in order to fuck the CPCs harder a couple years ago. Still getting raw dogged as we speak.

Oh they modified NCEPT, they changed the rules in order to fuck the CPCs harder a couple years ago. Still getting raw dogged as we speak.
Now, now, the altered rules only fucked over experienced CPCs trying to get back home or to a specific facility that is not a level 11 or 12. If you are a six month CPC and played the numbers game right and just blitzed the top twenty places on the priority list regardless of where it was or why you wanted to go there you likely got out for sure by now.

Because everything except one region rep (I think) was uncontested. Nobody else accepted their nominations. Thus no vote.
That is correct, I wish we got a chance to affirm or deny this contract though, because I bet it would be close to a 50-50 vote. But NATCA is finding ways to appoint a full executive board and extend contracts for six years without even have any of it go to a vote.

That is correct, I wish we got a chance to affirm or deny this contract though, because I bet it would be close to a 50-50 vote. But NATCA is finding ways to appoint a full executive board and extend contracts for six years without even have any of it go to a vote.
I agree with you in principle, but people have to accept their nominations and run. I reached out to a few that were nominated and never heard back. We get stuck with the same people over and over because no one wants to sacrifice their personal time while opening themselves up to flak from both sides. The amount of shit to shovel is enormous but it can be done if we get the right person in the right position.

Give me a controller that doesn’t suck the NATCA tit, is against privatisation, wants to fix the NCEPT, and I will interview him/her personally like I did Zilonis / Riley / Gahfarri (forgive the spelling). This website exists to help people and have controllers make informed decisions, we can beat the Union at their own clique-ish game.

I agree with you in principle, but people have to accept their nominations and run. I reached out to a few that were nominated and never heard back. We get stuck with the same people over and over because no one wants to sacrifice their personal time while opening themselves up to flak from both sides. The amount of shit to shovel is enormous but it can be done if we get the right person in the right position.

Give me a controller that doesn’t suck the NATCA tit, is against privatisation, wants to fix the NCEPT, and I will interview him/her personally like I did Zilonis / Riley / Gahfarri (forgive the spelling). This website exists to help people and have controllers make informed decisions, we can beat the Union at their own clique-ish game.
If I become natca president can I get out of midland, if so I’ll sign up

Back
Top Bottom