Slate Book extended until July 2026

Since when???? Have you seen how much money the government has wasted on so-called covid "relief"

They are printing money left and right. I don't want to hear one person, left or right, complain about the otherwise spending money bc both have spent far enough this past year
Lmao we have spent spent over 6 TRILLION DOLLARS in the past year. Money printer go brrrrrrr

On the one hand the trust fund is likely in shambles because with a drastic reduction is users during covid comes a drastic reduction in taxes collected. And to compound the issue the CARES act suspended some of those burdens on the users during the pandemic as well. So the Agency being broke I think makes perfect sense.
On the other hand yeah money machine go brrrrr so who really knows.
Since when???? Have you seen how much money the government has wasted on so-called covid "relief"

They are printing money left and right. I don't want to hear one person, left or right, complain about the other side spending money bc both have spent far enough this past year

Last edited:
Wait, so people who are concerned about ending up in another possible white book situation via a slate book extension into the next administration (which could swing back in a very bad way towards a gop that is increasingly anti labor and anti fed employee) are entitled for not wanting the thing you are bitching about to be a possibility?

And moreover, yes, everything I have heard about the whitebook days sucked, but just because I wasn't around for them (hired in the middle of the red book days) doesn't mean my opinion is invalidated when it comes to transparency or wanting a say in my contract. That's kind of the whole point of paying union dues.

I suppose I need gray hairs on my ass before my opinion is valid?
How’d you know I have gray hairs on my ass! _____ is that you? I was not bitching about the white book being a possibility. On the contrary, the loopholes that enabled the white book have been closed. I’d like to think my bargaining unit is more prepared to negotiate against a supposed hostile GOP administration, if need be. I just don’t see a reason to be so terrified of rolling over a very solid contract into the next administration.

What is the argument against the slate book? It is a good contract. Members didn’t have a say this time around? I could be wrong but we have voted on a version of this contract before. You would think a contract that had unanimous support in the past would still be favorable. Members weren’t communicated to? Have some trust that your representation has the collectives best interest...or don’t.

Biden won the election if you didn’t notice. Labor friendly, and they pushed it to Desantis 2024.
Really? There was an election! Oh my, we definitely should have negotiated for 32 hour work weeks and hefty pay raises. I suppose fatigue mitigation is needed now that you are finally working a daunting CPC schedule.

Or maybe we all enjoy what has been a good contract and what will continue to be a good contract until 2026.

How’d you know I have gray hairs on my ass! _____ is that you? I was not bitching about the white book being a possibility. On the contrary, the loopholes that enabled the white book have been closed. I’d like to think my bargaining unit is more prepared to negotiate against a supposed hostile GOP administration, if need be. I just don’t see a reason to be so terrified of rolling over a very solid contract into the next administration.

What is the argument against the slate book? It is a good contract. Members didn’t have a say this time around? I could be wrong but we have voted on a version of this contract before. You would think a contract that had unanimous support in the past would still be favorable. Members weren’t communicated to? Have some trust that your representation has the collectives best interest...or don’t.
What leads you to believe they are "more ready to negotiate?" and what kind of shit negotiating tactic is it when you negotiate at a time and with people you know are going to be more hostile to you than the people you conceivably could negotiate with now (at least in a very plausible hypothetical sense)?

and I don't have a problem with the slate book, I think it's a pretty great contract and given the opportunity to vote on renewal or renegotiation of a new contract etc I'd have probably voted to keep it in all honesty.

It's hard for me to have trust in people who do a bad job of communicating what they are doing in my interest. When stuff like this just pops up it strikes me as shady. Like why not at least mention you are entering talks to extent, if not let us as dues paying members have input? It just seems super dumb to extend into an unknown instead of trying to get something new and long lasting done here in the now with an admin thats very favorable towards labor.

What leads you to believe they are "more ready to negotiate?" and what kind of shit negotiating tactic is it when you negotiate at a time and with people you know are going to be more hostile to you than the people you conceivably could negotiate with now (at least in a very plausible hypothetical sense)?

and I don't have a problem with the slate book, I think it's a pretty great contract and given the opportunity to vote on renewal or renegotiation of a new contract etc I'd have probably voted to keep it in all honesty.

It's hard for me to have trust in people who do a bad job of communicating what they are doing in my interest. When stuff like this just pops up it strikes me as shady. Like why not at least mention you are entering talks to extent, if not let us as dues paying members have input? It just seems super dumb to extend into an unknown instead of trying to get something new and long lasting done here in the now with an admin thats very favorable towards labor.
There wasn't enough time to begin talks before covid would be over and new people got all adjusted

I'd believe this if people on the NEB didn't already say they have been discussing the CBA with the Biden admin since he took office.
That's your pac money at work. I think it was an issue because it wasn't communicated to membership.
I'm not a viral marketing strategist but they could have said" The Biden admin was so great we don't have to negotiate! They are willing to renew, here's a website with one week for feedback.

Now instead of a decent win everyone's just like....uhhh what.

I will admit I personally wish it had an extension option to be executed right before the next admin or something

Just want to bump this and say this extension sucks and it’s the worst thing NATCA ever did other then maybe NCEPT.
New Orleans Food GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Back
Top Bottom