Slate Book/NATCA/MOU Questions + Interpretations

I had a FacRep tell me that the definition of an imbalance is when a crew goes below the number they bid for the year. Not above, as the case would be when someone certifies. I’m sure that definition could vary depending on who the FacRep and manager are.
To me it can be either/or. But for me it was automatically a staffing imbalance when you were under. It was maybe a staffing imbalance when you were over.

It’s not about negotiating the next line. This is all about an imbalance. Agency has to prove an imbalance to open up art46. Period

Until then everyone owns their RDOs
They should really negotiate the schedule for full staffing then and then just open the amount of lines that they need. If your critically understaffed and have 3 people on a crew I don’t don’t see how you can claim it’s balanced correctly

I just certified a few weeks ago and management declared there is no imbalance. Now, a CPC with more seniority wants my RDO’s and has convinced management to bid my RDO’s. What would you do? I’d prefer to keep my schedule.
This is the dumbest thing I've hear (today). When your Facility Reps negotiated with Management in 2023 for the 2024 BWS/Leave MOUs, all parties were supposed to project CPC and Trainee lines... and part of that is forecasting Trainees that will be certified in 2024 and when they will get certified.

You're barely 3 months into 2024 and you've certified.... so what they're saying to you is that they are failures as it relates to one of the most basic items to negotiate BWS/Leave MOUs for the next calendar year. Look, I refuse to accept that as an answer (unless everyone you work with or for is a f*cking moron) and so should you. If your Facility Reps are too dumb to understand this (or actually failed to project Trainees that would become CPCs in 2024), then that's on them and you need to go to the RVP.

Look, I refuse to accept that as an answer (unless everyone you work with or for is a f*cking moron)
3er7nv.png

I personally think the union would just try to please the older controllers and it's fuck you as a trainee and then oh fuck you you're the lowest cpc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom