Terminal Class pass rate

Semantics really because I know of a group of trainees who wheel relocated to other facilities because they couldn't find housing. Passed over due to training backlog or whatever who cares what they call it.
I know someone who was placed there. "Hardshipped" out. Which they were advised to do by the ATM because housing is impossible.

STT is def the move if your last choices are between a low level up down and STT. Tower onlys for life.

Also Aspen/Nantucket. Sound beautiful but brutal.

STT is def the move if your last choices are between a low level up down and STT. Tower onlys for life.
You’re paying close to if not a mil + for decent accommodations in STT.

Aspen has a median home price of $1.6m and a avg price of $2.9m. Six currently listings under a million, all of which are studio apartments and min price of $800k. ($10k annual HOA)

Nantucket median home price is higher at $3.2m but a lower avg at $2.3m. Zero listings under a mil currently.

Can’t speak for Aspen or Nantucket but for STT, home location actually matters. Under a mil there’s a good chance you’ll be in a bad part of the island and murder rate per capita in the VIs is higher than all but three nations worldwide. Maybe you won’t be one of the 50 and you likely won’t as crime in the VIs typically remains within generational/local communities but there’s nothing protecting you from a shootout in a grocery store parking lot. The USVIs also have the third highest utility rate in the world at ~42¢/kWh. Germany and Denmark are the only ones higher at 46 and 48¢ respectively.

Food for thought, I digress.

You’re paying close to if not a mil + for decent accommodations in STT.

Aspen has a median home price of $1.6m and a avg price of $2.9m. Six currently listings under a million, all of which are studio apartments and min price of $800k. ($10k annual HOA)

Nantucket median home price is higher at $3.2m but a lower avg at $2.3m. Zero listings under a mil currently.

Can’t speak for Aspen or Nantucket but for STT, home location actually matters. Under a mil there’s a good chance you’ll be in a bad part of the island and murder rate per capita in the VIs is higher than all but three nations worldwide. Maybe you won’t be one of the 50 and you likely won’t as crime in the VIs typically remains within generational/local communities but there’s nothing protecting you from a shootout in a grocery store parking lot. The USVIs also have the third highest utility rate in the world at ~42¢/kWh. Germany and Denmark are the only ones higher at 46 and 48¢ respectively.

Food for thought, I digress.
Bro I’ve lived here for 2 years. I have an oceanview Apartment for 1,300 a month. I don’t have heat I barely use my AC. You get checked out in a few months and then put in paperwork. You don’t need to make it your forever facility unless you want to. Also i get to lay on my beach on my RDO’s and after my shifts. Also boat trips to the BVI and St John in February hit.

Bro I’ve lived here for 2 years. I have an oceanview Apartment for 1,300 a month. I don’t have heat I barely use my AC. You get checked out in a few months and then put in paperwork. You don’t need to make it your forever facility unless you want to. Also i get to lay on my beach on my RDO’s and after my shifts. Also boat trips to the BVI and St John in February hit.
Figured you worked there. I’ll be over there not this Monday but probably the following Monday to take my MMPI.

I washed out my last eval by only a few points…..I’m not evaluating what options I have next and if the FAA would give a second chance? Anyone have advice? (CTI Graduate)
I am in the same boat. I washed in 2021, went to a CTO (NOT cti) school, did my 6 months and am going contract. I plan to apply to a prior bid in a year or two. If you are dead set on atc, you do have options. The school is expensive and many people discourage those schools, but if ATC is your goal, it is an option. Other option is military, but that is far from a guarantee you'll get atc.

I am in the same boat. I washed in 2021, went to a CTO (NOT cti) school, did my 6 months and am going contract. I plan to apply to a prior bid in a year or two. If you are dead set on atc, you do have options. The school is expensive and many people discourage those schools, but if ATC is your goal, it is an option. Other option is military, but that is far from a guarantee you'll get atc.
I know that the prior experience bids do say "candidates who failed the academy may not be considered."

"May not" could mean there are exceptions I suppose. Otherwise, the wording would probably be more restrictive.

It should be on the bid posting

I know that the prior experience bids do say "candidates who failed the academy may not be considered."

"May not" could mean there are exceptions I suppose. Otherwise, the wording would probably be more restrictive.

It should be on the bid posting
Thankfully, the interpretation right now seems to be that its acceptable with enough experience. I'm following the path of a few others recently hired this way. Not a guarantee, but it certainly has precedent. Lstanley has some chance of getting back in.

Back
Top Bottom