Terminal Class pass rate

POC CPC here, same offer applies. Great place to work, only one guy (of 10) has paperwork out, total CPC number is 11. One person in training, on LC. We can't release right now because we're below 85%, but as soon as our LC trainee is done (CPC-IT transfer) we're eligible to release again. Tends to be an easy place to leave. Good place to come and get your initial CPC certification and move on, if that's what you want to do. 10% CIP. Nice neighborhoods around the airport, well maybe except for south Pomona. Greater Los Angeles area bedroom community suburbia. Average 300 ops a day for traffic, 4 flight schools onfield, tons from the neighboring GA fields. No air carriers.

We tend to be staffed, so it's not always available for AAC people. Had multiple instances in my years here of having no one in training, for months at a time, which is a bit different from my friends at neighboring facilities where training is a neverending grind. In the past we've had 7 of 11 CPC lines on 4-10s, one each set of RDOs, then 4 lines of 8s. Also had full hour flexes, it'd be nice to get back to that. Anyway, definitely not the worst.
Is it a bunch of older guys? You would think people wouldn’t want to sit at a level 5 in Cali but maybe it’s one of those secret country clubs?!

For some reason it gets a lot of blowback but 4-10s is an elite schedule. Some people don’t like working 10 hour days but I’d much prefer that in exchange for 3 days off.
4 10s is nice but it can be a lot if your facility is busy. They are also straight time a lot so it can just be an ass kicker. With the rotating schedule you can chill for like half the shifts when it’s slow

4 10s is nice but it can be a lot if your facility is busy. They are also straight time a lot so it can just be an ass kicker. With the rotating schedule you can chill for like half the shifts when it’s slow
I’ve worked 4-8s as well which a lot of people would quickly dismiss. It’s a good schedule to allow everyone to share desirable off days on a rotation. Sucks to have to plan leave around however.

4-8s was also in the military. Nobody in the union is going to agree to a revolving schedule.

The best would be if we didn’t have to conform with this made up 40 hours a week requirement. You can stay 4 10s you can likely just start 4 8s with 3 days off

The best would be if we didn’t have to conform with this made up 40 hours a week requirement. You can stay 4 10s you can likely just start 4 8s with 3 days off
Big facts.. on my 4/10 schedule, opener and closer overlapped between 1015 and 1645

Even on 4/8s we would have still overlapped for 2 hours

I washed out my last eval by only a few points…..I’m not evaluating what options I have next and if the FAA would give a second chance? Anyone have advice? (CTI Graduate)

I washed out my last eval by only a few points…..I’m not evaluating what options I have next and if the FAA would give a second chance? Anyone have advice? (CTI Graduate)
In terms of re-applying you are probably SOL. Specifically referenced in every open source bid is this snippet:

"Prior failure of FAA or FSS Academy training or prior declination of permanent facility placement offer after completing Academy training may constitute a basis for non-selection and/or veterans' preference pass over."

If ATC is your end all be all, then you may want to look into the military or a program by which you pay for your CTO. Get your 52 weeks of CERTIFIED controlling experience and apply for a prior experience bid. However that might not be a sure shot because of this snippet from the experienced bid:

"Applicants who are prior Academy and/or field training failures may not be considered."

Unfortunately the only thing the CTI degree is useful for these days is getting into Pool 1. That is literally it.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom