Terminal Class pass rate

I highly doubt the faa would care that you failed out of the academy at some point if you have the required experience for a prior exp bid. Have you seen the recent lists people are getting? Might be the longest lists I’ve ever seen offered. The faa needs people, they can’t afford to throw out an applicant bc of the reasoning above.

With that being said.. maybe take this happening to you as a sign and look into other lucrative career fields that offer a far and above better quality of life.

I highly doubt the faa would care that you failed out of the academy at some point if you have the required experience for a prior exp bid. Have you seen the recent lists people are getting? Might be the longest lists I’ve ever seen offered. The faa needs people, they can’t afford to throw out an applicant bc of the reasoning above.

With that being said.. maybe take this happening to you as a sign and look into other lucrative career fields that offer a far and above better quality of life.
Dude, like 75 options. When I got 30 something I thought that was pretty generous but holy hell.

Now, in true FAA fashion, imagine getting 24 hours to do research on all those facilities to be able to make an educated ranking list just for them to offer you something like your 53rd choice ☠️

Dude, like 75 options. When I got 30 something I thought that was pretty generous but holy hell.

Now, in true FAA fashion, imagine getting 24 hours to do research on all those facilities to be able to make an educated ranking list just for them to offer you something like your 53rd choice ☠️
“We understand you live and work at a facility right next to your #1, but we’re gonna send you across the country because, well, fuck you. Oh and we’re gonna offer your #1 choice to people in the next list as well because see above.”

Wow, if the KSN list holds, the class after this is projected to have one of the worst lists in history (top 12 shown)…

ASE
SYR
MWH
ABI
FLO
HEF
JAN
ACK
ROW
STT
DLH
MLU

Anyone know how many students the academy is running per class now?
From the discord it seems to have been increased to 18 now, at least the class that started basics on 12-6.

Also the class that eval went 10/12 today.

The agency should abide by the 30% cpc/trainer rule for academy placement. It's bullshit that the ATM at a place like EVV didn't place a training hold or let the current one expire and they are getting an AG because their projected is so bad while they have 10/17 CPC and are about to have 10 devs, 8 of which are going to be AGs competing for tower time. Meanwhile you have plenty of places that need bodies and have no trainees in the pipeline at the moment. Facilities should automatically be placed on the training backlog hold list when they are at 35% (to build a little extra cushion from the 30%) trainee to cpc ratio no matter how bad their projected is. That would be much more efficient than sending them all to rot on winter traffic in fucking Evansville, Indiana.

The agency should abide by the 30% cpc/trainer rule for academy placement. It's bullshit that the ATM at a place like EVV didn't place a training hold or let the current one expire and they are getting an AG because their projected is so bad while they have 10/17 CPC and are about to have 10 devs, 8 of which are going to be AGs competing for tower time. Meanwhile you have plenty of places that need bodies and have no trainees in the pipeline at the moment. Facilities should automatically be placed on the training backlog hold list when they are at 35% (to build a little extra cushion from the 30%) trainee to cpc ratio no matter how bad their projected is. That would be much more efficient than sending them all to rot on winter traffic in fucking Evansville, Indiana.
Yea. Then not using the entire training apparatus of the NAS efficiently is a huge problem

100% Agree. When I showed up to my facility there were 12 trainees who hadn't even started yet, and I was 9th to start. Took me a 14 months to just start ground. Over a year and a half later and I havent even started radar yet (but close!)

They shouldn’t even use projected staffing they should use projected training start date

They shouldn’t even use projected staffing they should use projected training start date
Yeah, there should be some combination. They should take into consideration what stage the trainees are in. Like if EVV had only 4 trainees and the trainee ratio was 4/14 (28%) they should still wait until someone progresses before sending someone there. But at the same time, if some tower like DAY is 93.3% AOB and 92.7% projected with 0 trainees, they shouldn't get someone over other places with 80% projected and 4 trainees. I'd imagine a system so logical would be too complex for the geniuses in charge of placement and would never be implemented. Either way, the system needs some revamping.

Everyone is scared of ACK because of cost of living, but I’ve heard good things about that place. Finding housing is hard apparently, but they are working on a plan to fix housing/pay to afford housing based on the NEB meeting minutes. And from what I’ve heard the work environment is seriously awesome. Good management/NATCA relationship and good youngish workforce that actually get along outside of work. From a friend of a friend so TIFWIW

Everyone is scared of ACK because of cost of living, but I’ve heard good things about that place. Finding housing is hard apparently, but they are working on a plan to fix housing/pay to afford housing based on the NEB meeting minutes. And from what I’ve heard the work environment is seriously awesome. Good management/NATCA relationship and good youngish workforce that actually get along outside of work. From a friend of a friend so TIFWIW
Does that friend of a friend happen to be you who's trying to leave?

And then you have ACK where the FAA places them on a "Pass Over Due to Training Backlog" even though they have 0 trainees. They did this last summer/fall. The real reason it was a pass over was because there is absolutely 0 housing during the summer. Nice way to cover up the housing issue.
I can attest to this. Especially that last sentence.

And then you have ACK where the FAA places them on a "Pass Over Due to Training Backlog" even though they have 0 trainees. They did this last summer/fall. The real reason it was a pass over was because there is absolutely 0 housing during the summer. Nice way to cover up the housing issue.

I can attest to this. Especially that last sentence.
Semantics really because I know of a group of trainees who wheel relocated to other facilities because they couldn't find housing. Passed over due to training backlog or whatever who cares what they call it.

Back
Top Bottom