Terminal Class pass rate

Looks like people that get a 90%+ can go to 8’s now/soon according to ksn
I dislike this only because the crwg may leave me trapped at a low level for 7 more years.

What are the new NCEPT rules gonna be? Are they actually gonna implement crwg numbers this year like they're supposed to?

Rabble rabble rabble

Looks like people that get a 90%+ can go to 8’s now/soon according to ksn
As someone at a lvl 7 tower looking to go to a lvl 8 tower, I am all for this as long as I can get there too. I can see why people would be jaded because of this though, there are so many facilities level's 4-7 that are black holes and watching AG's get 8's must be hard. At the same time, if I was an AG, I would 100% be happy I could get a shot at an 8 since they are in way more desirable places nationwide.

Also what 8's are being offered? There are badly staffed 8s that are lower in priority than the most coveted 8's such as SAN.
Right now, it appears that the 8’s in most need are: APA, DVT, MDW, MEM, OAK, PRC, SNA.

Something to think about is how many people are getting 90+? In my class only one person got above a 90%
It won’t be a strong pipeline but something is better than 0.

Right now, it appears that the 8’s in most need are: APA, DVT, MDW, MEM, OAK, PRC, SNA.

It won’t be a strong pipeline but something is better than 0.
I’m gonna go out on a ledge and say a lot of those places aren’t hard to staff if people weren’t stuck at shitholes due to NCEPT. Arizona facilities can’t get people and having academy grads go there is craaaazy imo.
Edit: Maybe I’m biased because I’ve been trying to get there for yrs by any means possible…

I’m gonna go out on a ledge and say a lot of those places aren’t hard to staff if people weren’t stuck at shitholes due to NCEPT. Arizona facilities can’t get people and having academy grads go there is craaaazy imo.
Edit: Maybe I’m biased because I’ve been trying to get there for yrs by any means possible…
This absolutely. 8's would be fine if low level undesirable facilities could release. Now you just have understaffed low level facilities getting skipped over to help higher level facilities.

Of those 8s, MEM and OAK are predominantly commercial airliner traffic. The rest are 7-8 in the pattern everyday towers. If you look at the demand list hardly anyone applies and is also eligible to be released to the facilities. Also good luck surviving on AG pay in CA...

Of those 8s, MEM and OAK are predominantly commercial airliner traffic. The rest are 7-8 in the pattern everyday towers. If you look at the demand list hardly anyone applies and is also eligible to be released to the facilities. Also good luck surviving on AG pay in CA...
MEM if you want to work Level 12 traffic for a few hours at night for Level 8 pay. Other than that, I seem to remember it being pretty dead.

So like enroute, terminal has also changed how facilities are selected. I'm attaching an image below that explains how facilities are selected. Also they added level 8's to the list that are category D.

Basically the list is 7 pages long, I imagine its every FAA facility that exists between level 4-8. I'm not going to write the list out - because again its 7 pages long.

6/28 List:
20240617_162047.jpg

Category B (Priority Facilities): Level 7 and below Tower-only and Tower/Approach Control facilities below 80% Projected % to Target. 25% of graduates in a class must choose from these in priority order.

Category C (Non-Priority Facilities & Training Facilities):
  • Non-Priority Facilities: Level 7 and below Tower-only and Tower/approach control facilities below the summarized Projected % to Target.
  • Training Facilities: Level 7 and below Tower-only facilities with a training time less than 1 year who are not yet eligible to release trainees in the NCEPT. (Intentionally overstaffing +1 to allow upward movement.)

Category D (Level 8's for 90% or higher)
  • Level 8 and below Tower-only and Tower/approach control facilities below the summarized Projected % to Target. Only Tower graduates scoring 90% or higher in the Initial Qualification for Tower Cab Controller Training course will be eligible to choose level 8s.

Back
Top Bottom