Terminal Class pass rate

Someone go to YIP then once you certify we can swap and you come to ZMP...
I'm about 51% sure you're kidding. In case you're not... 1 year CPC and you can only swap up 3 levels.

Section 8. Mutual reassignment transfer requests may be submitted to the
same, higher, or lower ATC FPL facility, for employees who have a
minimum of one (1) year as a certified controller at his/her facility, but no
more than three (3) ATC FPLs above the employee's current ATC FPL,
unless the employee had been previously certified at the higher ATC FPL.

I'm about 51% sure you're kidding. In case you're not... 1 year CPC and you can only swap up 3 levels.

Section 8. Mutual reassignment transfer requests may be submitted to the
same, higher, or lower ATC FPL facility, for employees who have a
minimum of one (1) year as a certified controller at his/her facility, but no
more than three (3) ATC FPLs above the employee's current ATC FPL,
unless the employee had been previously certified at the higher ATC FPL.

Damn I didn't know that. You don't need to be a CPC for 1yr before submitting an ERR do you? Heard that talk here at ZMP but don't know the verdict. I'm actually serious. Want to get back to the Detroit area.

Damn I didn't know that. You don't need to be a CPC for 1yr before submitting an ERR do you? Heard that talk here at ZMP but don't know the verdict. I'm actually serious. Want to get back to the Detroit area.

No, you absolutely do NOT need to be CPC a year. That's what people are saying in order to delay someone who just certified to ERR and get out before them. I personally think that should be the rule but it is not. This happened to a friend of mine at ZAU. Rumors were that you had to be CPC a year, so my friend waited to put one in and did not get selected.

You can submit an ERR at any time, the one year CPC is just for swaps.

How often are TR's successful?

My class had a guy who nailed them on a few things where they had no answer but "The academy is its own facility with specific facility directives that are more specific than the .65."

That would make sense but the things that he TR'd weren't in the handbook or anywhere else so basically they just told him to fuck himself.

Long story short, don't rely on them being successful.

Thanks for the clarification, yeah that rumor has been floating around. D21's definitely my #1 choice. Just gotta see if ZMP will release me and set me free.
I am not gonna lie to you morale at D21 is pretty freaking low right now. Nobody has left since I did and they are miserable.

I am not gonna lie to you morale at D21 is pretty freaking low right now. Nobody has left since I did and they are miserable.

If I get there, I'll be a lifer, would stay there until retirement which is another 23yrs minimum or 32yrs max, that area is home for me. All they'd have to do is certify me ;) lol

I can confirm that 14 out of 18 passed this week. Two people resigned so it was actually 14 out of 16 that tested. Out of the two that missed I heard one person was very close to making it... so they almost passed the entire class.

These are the facilities that were offered to that class for placement:

ISP
YIP
LFT
ICT
ELM
LNK
FSM
LCH
BTR
ARR
DAY
LFT
CMA
ILG
CSG
POU
POU
FAR
FWA
SMO
ERI
ELM
CSG
POU
ELM
LVK
FAR
ELM
DPA
POU

For OTS academy goers, did you study anything prior to going to the Academy such as the study guide that used be on the FAA website?

There was nothing available to study when I went to the academy, but there is a lot of great stuff on this site. Overview of tower / basics or something. Search the forums. I would say get any leg up you can, especially with the 50% pass rate that's been prevalent.

Things like call signs, type aircraft, pattern entry/procedures and traffic calls would have helped me immensely.

Back
Top Bottom