Terminal Class pass rate

Looks like that percentage has tanked again. They keep preaching that it's all nerves. Does that appear to be the case?

Looks like that percentage has tanked again. They keep preaching that it's all nerves. Does that appear to be the case?
Seems like I was hearing that some didn't do so great on their Ground runs. Giving the wrong taxiways, not reissuing hold-short instructions when the airplane is told to continue taxi, not having the correct type aircraft on the VFR strips, and not scanning for local's traffic before asking to cross a runway. First two are all nerves, that last one about scanning takes some practice and conscious thought to get it correct all the time.

So real question... when an individual doesn't "do so great on their ground runs" and sends a vehicle hauling ass across a runway, does local eat any points for that?

We were discussing that scenario arising the other day and weren't sure. I'd be beyond highly irate if my ground controller handed me a bust when i'm not allowed to lean over and say "yo, hold that guy!"

So real question... when an individual doesn't "do so great on their ground runs" and sends a vehicle hauling ass across a runway, does local eat any points for that?
That's the ground controller's problem. That's not Local's fault so Local wouldn't lose any points.

That's the ground controller's problem. That's not Local's fault so Local wouldn't lose any points.

Woudnt local be responsible for sending aircraft around at that point? If they failed to scan to see the unathorize crossing and let someone land, wouldn't they lose points?

Woudnt local be responsible for sending aircraft around at that point? If they failed to scan to see the unathorize crossing and let someone land, wouldn't they lose points?
No (but in the real world, yes.....just not at the Academy.)
Which is why it's better to let the guy land even if you do see the unauthorized crossing because Local isn't responsible for Ground's mistake.

STT, JAN, MMU, BHM, ACK, JAN, FLO, SYR, CAK, CPS, CBB, STT, AGC, API, BGM, ABI, HTS, MLU, ADS, MMU, TOL, MRY. Don't know how many will actually chose but here's 22.
I know that I am still waiting on my FOL, but I think it's time I tell my wife that there's a high chance when I finally get to select, they'll probably only be 1 or 2 places we both want to live.

I know that I am still waiting on my FOL, but I think it's time I tell my wife that there's a high chance when I finally get to select, they'll probably only be 1 or 2 places we both want to live.
Gonna be even worse when the selection process changes in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom