Terminal Class pass rate

Andy came in, told dude grab your stuff and follow me. Then the rest of us went outside to watch security haul his a$$ away then celebrated. When you constantly say this job is your plan b cause all you really want to do is join the military and drive tankers, you don't deserve to be there. Good riddance
So stupid. I can't wait to get there and give it my best. Sucks people just waste a spot.

Has there been a drastic change to the way they score the PVs that has hurt the pass rates? There has to be a legit reason besides the FAA suddenly hiring poor candidates. That terminal course isn't very difficult at all.

Andy came in, told dude grab your stuff and follow me. Then the rest of us went outside to watch security haul his a$$ away then celebrated. When you constantly say this job is your plan b cause all you really want to do is join the military and drive tankers, you don't deserve to be there. Good riddance

Bahaha. Wow. Just wow.

Has there been a drastic change to the way they score the PVs that has hurt the pass rates? There has to be a legit reason besides the FAA suddenly hiring poor candidates. That terminal course isn't very difficult at all.
Not at all. Some slight changes for point values is about all. However, the students are so restricted on what they can do with traffic, because the FAA doesn't want them "changing the problem."

Not at all. Some slight changes for point values is about all. However, the students are so restricted on what they can do with traffic, because the FAA doesn't want them "changing the problem."
What are they not allowing now? We could switch runways, define pattern entry points, extend any portion of the traffic pattern, 360's/270's, short approaches, etc.

What are they not allowing now? We could switch runways, define pattern entry points, extend any portion of the traffic pattern, 360's/270's, short approaches, etc.
Arrivals to RWY 34.
Sending a straight in arrival to a downwind entry might be seen as an ineffective use of pattern.
There's specific points on where to coordinate runway crossings, any earlier is too early.
Ground and Local can't work together, like saying "vehicle coming out, make a hole when you can"
Just small things, but they start adding up.

That's absurd, god forbid you have local and ground work together. That never happens in the field....

That's absurd, god forbid you have local and ground work together. That never happens in the field....

How dare you deviate from the "by the book" environment in the school house. Clearly they know better than the field.

Arrivals to RWY 34.
Sending a straight in arrival to a downwind entry might be seen as an ineffective use of pattern.
There's specific points on where to coordinate runway crossings, any earlier is too early.
Ground and Local can't work together, like saying "vehicle coming out, make a hole when you can"
Just small things, but they start adding up.
I can vouch for this when I was there 3 1/2 years ago, my local got a release off of 16 and the "Departure" controller (the instructor) gave her a release of heading 180 and when she cleared him she gave the Aircraft runway heading instead of 180, I noticed it on GC and being the team player I am I said to her hey didn't departure give u a 180 heading? She goes oh yeah thanks and both instructors immediately looked at me and said we don't do that here. Craziness

both instructors immediately looked at me and said we don't do that here. Craziness
It's literally in the .65!

2-10-3. TOWER TEAM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES

a. Tower Team Concept and Intent:

1. There are no absolute divisions of responsibilities regarding position operations. The tasks to be completed remain the same whether one, two, or three people are working positions within a tower cab. The team as a whole has responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of that tower cab.

It's the same in any graded run. I failed my block 2 "P runs" of Navy ATC A school for cheating and had to retake. I asked to cross a runway on ground and he said "cross runway xx with a truck after f18 on short final". He forgot about the guy at the 180 he cleared number 2. I said "cross runway XX after second f18 at the 180". Got unplugged and hit up for cheating. 10 years and 4 CTOs later, I can't believe that one little phrase almost made me lose my job before I started.

They aren't training you to do the job at the academy. The are seeing if you posses the basic capability to be trained. They can't evaluate an individual if there are people helping them. Follow the scripts, win the game, move on.

Edit: Also, this isn't anything new. My only real memory of training at the academy was my class lead yelling at me in the debrief for "manipulating the problem" for resolving a built-in conflict by having an a/c enter the pattern at a different point then it was programmed to do.

Last edited:
Out of how many? I don't think they have been filling them up.
Not sure the class size, was just told by our rep that 7 made it and that my facility will be on the next batches of prior experience lists that go out.

Back
Top Bottom