Terminal Class pass rate

PHF getting a body for sure. The other 9 facilities in the top 10 have to wait and see if they got picked by the remaining 4 students. Unless the OCONUS student passed then the other 9 have to wait to see if they got picked by the remaining 3 students.

5/16 is so sad. The old first day of class stories of "look at the person to the left, no to the right... 2 of you 3 will not make it through this class."

Man, these pass rates definitely make me a little nervous as someone waiting for a CIL. I'll buckle down and do my best though when the time comes.

If it's really like they said at NiW that they're all students that scored low on the ATSAT then it's not a surprise I guess. And actually an argument for the validity of that test. A validity I think a lot of people were unsure about before. So the agency has to decide if this is a waste of resources and then raise the aptitude pass/fail cutoff or if these low %s are better than whatever the alternative is.

I would assume its because the SJU people failed right? Those were set aside for specific students.

ok my mistake, its a % of graduates not choices so if 5 passed then only 1 would be mandatory and the list will have 10 facilities on it. And thats just the OG list they get a week ahead of time so its no surprise SJU isn't on there. So based off this info there's no way to tell if the OCONUS student passed yet.

Nobody in the class that just finished PAs is going to SJU. Those two spots are reserved for later classes. One finishes PAs July 27th, and the other on August 3rd. If they pass, those SJU spots are guaranteed for them because they elected to go there.

If it's really like they said at NiW that they're all students that scored low on the ATSAT then it's not a surprise I guess. And actually an argument for the validity of that test. A validity I think a lot of people were unsure about before. So the agency has to decide if this is a waste of resources and then raise the aptitude pass/fail cutoff or if these low %s are better than whatever the alternative is.
Remember all these people took the AT-SAT. The FAA invested millions creating and implementing the new AT-SA for this past panel, we'll have to see how the new AT-SA crop does. I think the earliest these people will start graduating the academy is late July/August.

Nobody in the class that just finished PAs is going to SJU. Those two spots are reserved for later classes. One finishes PAs July 27th, and the other on August 3rd. If they pass, those SJU spots are guaranteed for them because they elected to go there.
There was definitely a SJU posted for the 6/2 class.

Remember all these people took the AT-SAT. The FAA invested millions creating and implementing the new AT-SA for this past panel, we'll have to see how the new AT-SA crop does. I think the earliest these people will start graduating the academy is late July/August.

The earliest classes from that people received from the august 2016 bid with basics was mid march. Don't know what months that leads to with graduation dates for terminal but I would suspect soon if not a couple of classes already

The earliest classes from that people received from the august 2016 bid with basics was mid march. Don't know what months that leads to with graduation dates for terminal but I would suspect soon if not a couple of classes already

August '16 bids earliest class dates were going to mostly ATC vets, right? They were after all the first to receive offers and clear medical. Historically not a group you would expect dismal pass rates from. Maybe we'll see an improvement when these classes cycle through, but I honestly don't know.

My money's on trouble in academy land. Tin foil hat really, but I don't see why the tail end of a hiring wave would perform WAY worse than the rest. New crop of harsh/incompetent instructors maybe? Tougher scenarios? Tech issues? Besides issues training, shifting from well qualified to qualified applicants is the only theory anyone's posted that looks good to me.

August '16 bids earliest class dates were going to mostly ATC vets, right? They were after all the first to receive offers and clear medical. Historically not a group you would expect dismal pass rates from. Maybe we'll see an improvement when these classes cycle through, but I honestly don't know.

My money's on trouble in academy land. Tin foil hat really, but I don't see why the tail end of a hiring wave would perform WAY worse than the rest. New crop of harsh/incompetent instructors maybe? Besides issues training, shifting from well qualified to qualified applicants is the only theory anyone's posted that looks good to me.

Correct it would mostly be vets I would assume with some 2015 applicants still getting sprinkled in there

My money's on trouble in academy land. Tin foil hat really, but I don't see why the tail end of a hiring wave would perform WAY worse than the rest. New crop of harsh/incompetent instructors maybe? Tougher scenarios? Tech issues? Besides issues training, shifting from well qualified to qualified applicants is the only theory anyone's posted that looks good to me.

I was under the impression it was just veterans in any capacity that were the first to receive TOLs, not necessarily ATC Vets. Most of the ATC vets probably would have applied under the experienced bid and circumvented the academy altogether.

You remember if they were terminal or enroute classes? 13 weeks total with basics/tower, 17 weeks total for basics/enroute. Terminal could be ending in the next few weeks. Enroute Late July/August.
August '16 bids earliest class dates were going to mostly ATC vets, right? They were after all the first to receive offers and clear medical. Historically not a group you would expect dismal pass rates from.
Remember these are Vets, not necessarily ATC Vets. Most all ATC Vets qualify for the prior experience bids, these could have limited ATC experience or none altogether.

You remember if they were terminal or enroute classes? 13 weeks total with basics/tower, 17 weeks total for basics/enroute. Terminal could be ending in the next few weeks. Enroute Late July/August.
Remember these are Vets, not necessarily ATC Vets. Most all ATC Vets qualify for the prior experience bids, these could have limited ATC experience or none altogether.

Both specialties had people from the 16 bid in march classes. I would say all of April and on class dates were all from the 16 bid unless people from the 2015 bid didn't post or I missed it

First people from 2016 bid for terminal started 3/15. Should be done in a couple weeks. Majority vets and CTI for 4/11 class done early July. Majority CTI and some vets and a couple OTS for 4/18 class ending mid July.

First people from 2016 bid for terminal started 3/15. Should be done in a couple weeks. Majority vets and CTI for 4/11 class done early July. Majority CTI and some vets and a couple OTS for 4/18 class ending mid July.

I'm guessing that's the Basics classes that started on those days?

Hey guys just a heads up, for the last class they had two go to newport, one go to waterloo, one go to monroe, and then I think the last one was livermore. From what the class said everything that went wrong was nerves. The class testing next week is going to have SJU on their list too since the guy that wanted it before didn't make it. If you're reading this and you're about to go to the academy just listen to what your instructors say and do it. If you have a question then make sure to clarify because if you don't you'll fall behind and that's not where you wanna be. And make sure your class gets together and studies THE RIGHT THING.

Everybody stresses group studying but if you're studying with other people who are failing it's probably not the best idea. Do what is best for you. If you work better alone, then study alone. If you work best with one other person instead of a group do that. Don't think you can't pass without studying in a group, because you definitely can.

Back
Top Bottom