Terminal Class pass rate

That’s nice in theory. The whole premise of this argument is the people who get to the end and say no way in living in Bangor for 3 years
So who should staff Bangor? Or any other "undesirable" low level facility, for that matter? It's absolutely your right to say "thanks but no thanks" at the end of academy... But don't think it's gonna turn into a game of chicken to see who blinks first. Lest you forget the very first thing about the application is your willingness to work anywhere. Would we all love a "preferred" location straight out of OKC? Sure... But there's 10+ people at Bangor who are waiting on you to come earn your stripes so they can move on, too.

So who should staff Bangor? Or any other "undesirable" low level facility, for that matter? It's absolutely your right to say "thanks but no thanks" at the end of academy... But don't think it's gonna turn into a game of chicken to see who blinks first. Lest you forget the very first thing about the application is your willingness to work anywhere. Would we all love a "preferred" location straight out of OKC? Sure... But there's 10+ people at Bangor who are waiting on you to come earn your stripes so they can move on, too.
Set up a job fair in Bangor. You’ll fill it.

Set up a job fair in Bangor. You’ll fill it.

Unless there's a sudden huge amount of people turning down facilities, which I doubt there will be, this way would probably cost the FAA more money. The chance of an academy grad turning down Bangor as a must-pick has to be lower than the chance of a random local failing the academy.

Obviously they're just going to want to leave as fast as possible, so it gets a little more complicated when it comes to employee happiness, but since when do they care about that? When it comes to strictly staffing facilities I don't think local hiring is as perfect of a solution as it might seem.

That's why I said intentional, if it misunderstood you, sure. But it's not intentionally giving incorrect readbacks to screw you up at the PA level. At least that's what we were told.
But you also posted "if it reads back incorrectly, it's because you gave the control incorrectly."
That doesn't happen.
It's a computer, nothing is unintentional....it either understands what you say, or misinterprets it....either way, every computer readback is correct since it's just going off what it thinks you say.

That’s nice in theory. The whole premise of this argument is the people who get to the end and say no way in living in Bangor for 3 years
At the end of the day someone has to go to the lower levels in the middle of nowhere, and its more than likely going to be academy grads before prior exp controllers.

Ideally, it's academy grads who go to Bangor, do their time, and get out in a predictable order. I'd recommend first in first out but there seems to be lots of opposition to that on these boards. With the current setup many if not all of those 10 people waiting to get out are going to eat a huge dick when new CPCs certify and leave in front of them

Ideally, it's academy grads who go to Bangor, do their time, and get out in a predictable order. I'd recommend first in first out but there seems to be lots of opposition to that on these boards. With the current setup many if not all of those 10 people waiting to get out are going to eat a huge dick when new CPCs certify and leave in front of them
So long as NCEPT is the law of the land and the goal is staff understaffed facilities based on the parameters set in the MOU, then the best route to your dream spot is do your best at OKC, know how NCEPT works/do your research, pick a spot where you can stomach a few years, and bid up... Cry as we might, NCEPT is working, at least for its intended purpose, and movement is happening. Is check out/bid out going to happen? Yes... But when the laid out goal is simply to allow movement on the merit of agency needs, then there's really no way, imo, to tell someone who wants to staff a needy facility in order to progress their career that they can't bid out.

So long as NCEPT is the law of the land and the goal is staff understaffed facilities based on the parameters set in the MOU, then the best route to your dream spot is do your best at OKC, know how NCEPT works/do your research, pick a spot where you can stomach a few years, and bid up... Cry as we might, NCEPT is working, at least for its intended purpose, and movement is happening. Is check out/bid out going to happen? Yes... But when the laid out goal is simply to allow movement on the merit of agency needs, then there's really no way, imo, to tell someone who wants to staff a needy facility in order to progress their career that they can't bid out.

Can you give advice on resources to help learn about and understand the NCEPT process? Thank you.

That’s just the way it works. You have to do your time if you just got in. Look on the VERY VERY bright side. At least you’re not death sentenced to N90 as a TRACON new hire. I would much rather go to a tower, put my time in and know that I’m eventually getting out. There is no escaping N90.
There is definitely a way to escape N90.
New-hire goes to N90, washes out for whatever reason, get sent to the NEST, get provided a list of desirable facilities to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom