SJC
ONT x2
YNG
PIA
PWK
GTF
MSN

We have Evals on Wednesday
Is MSN actually at the bottom of your list? Because that's going to be a highly desired facility and I'd be hoping it doesn't drop off.

Is it true that KYNG is losing their approach control soon? Would you say if I want to end up as tracon to not go there? Or does it not matter if you have RTF before applying to a tracon

Doesn't matter to transfer. Helps in the process of getting selected for transfer.
Do you know about whether or not Youngstown is getting their approach handed to Cleveland? It's my number one if they are keeping an up-down

I’ve seen some posts about all those surrounding approaches being consolidated into CLE but it’s been a while. A coworker toured CLE not too long ago, I’ll ask him tmrw if he found out anything while there. Could be a quicker way out to a more desirable facility down the road though as I’m sure their staffing number would change as a tower only. Not 100% sure, but they might even offer you the option to transfer to CLE (seniority based) if/when it happens. Think that’s what they’ve done in the past with other consolidations.

I’ve seen some posts about all those surrounding approaches being consolidated into CLE but it’s been a while. A coworker toured CLE not too long ago, I’ll ask him tmrw if he found out anything while there. Could be a quicker way out to a more desirable facility down the road though as I’m sure their staffing number would change as a tower only. Not 100% sure, but they might even offer you the option to transfer to CLE (seniority based) if/when it happens. Think that’s what they’ve done in the past with other consolidations.
Interesting, would be a huge help if you could ask your coworker! Thanks in advance!

Do you know about whether or not Youngstown is getting their approach handed to Cleveland? It's my number one if they are keeping an up-down
When CLE was built, it was designed to bring in TOL, MFD, CAK, and YNG. But that was before the Section 804 proceedings. In the Section 804 recommendation, they said that YNG was to remain at it's current location as it's own facility for the foreseeable future.
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...gnment_Consolidation_Report_second_report.pdf

The ones that weren’t close was it because they didn’t get it? Nerves? Partying too much? Just curious. Pass rates seem to have gone down lately.

7 of 15 passed in my class today. So, we got PIA, PWK, MRY, MAFx3, and STT. One failed by 1 percent. The others weren't close.
I thought I heard it was 8 for 16?
Looking at the facility list online, the top 8 facilities are MAF, MRY, MAF, MAF, ONT, MSN, MAF, and STT.
They're in a different order for the list your class was provided?

I thought I heard it was 8 for 16?
Looking at the facility list online, the top 8 facilities are MAF, MRY, MAF, MAF, ONT, MSN, MAF, and STT.
They're in a different order for the list your class was provided?

It's the top 6 slots from the list given to us. One guy signed up for STT a day before PAs. One guy is going to YIP, he was pass/pass though.

It's the top 6 slots from the list given to us. One guy signed up for STT a day before PAs. One guy is going to YIP, he was pass/pass though.
Wouldn't be pass/pass as a new-hire. But a spousal accommodation to get a facility near Detroit.

The ones that weren’t close was it because they didn’t get it? Nerves? Partying too much? Just curious. Pass rates seem to have gone down lately.

The people that passed partied more than anyone. Nerves got to one or two, but they weren't the best by any means. 5 never stood a chance, you could tell pretty much from day one. The one that barely didnt pass should have, just a tough scenario with the toughest evaluator tanked him.

@AB19 panicked when things went wrong in his first run and got a 20. Somehow he pulled out a 93 on his second run and passed lmao.

It's pretty obvious on scenario 10-13 who will pass. PAs were all faster paced than everyone thought they would be.

Back
Top Bottom