Terminal Class pass rate

Tetra class finished up PAs today. Passed 9/9, all current FAA controllers from lower level facilities.
Life in the tetra world must be nice, nobody has left there without a job all year.

If you're an FAA employee with a terminal radar certification below a ten-level or no prior radar certification at all, you wont experience job jeopardy at the end of the TETRA course. It's in the, "New York TRACON Academy and Employee Transfer Procedures" on the FAA website.

If you're an FAA employee with a terminal radar certification below a ten-level or no prior radar certification at all, you wont experience job jeopardy at the end of the TETRA course. It's in the, "New York TRACON Academy and Employee Transfer Procedures" on the FAA website.
None of the OTS tetra people have failed either.

Not about tetra... You should be concerned about N90
Trust me I am but I have to set my sights on getting through the academy first. I applied for the July ‘17 general OTS bid so I’m in this situation only because I live in NJ. Im going to try my hardest but will OTS people who wash from N90 be retained and placed at another facility or will they be terminated?

will OTS people who wash from N90 be retained and placed at another facility or will they be terminated?
Yes and yes. A training failure goes through a review process to determine course of action. It's on an individual basis.

1st and only one that failed (to my knowledge) got sent to PBI and probably felt pretty good
And before that, the first two tetra classes were for test purposes and were pass/pass. Three had scores below a 70, but were assigned tracons other than N90 anyway.

This weeks terminal class passed 8/11, not including 1 who quit on the second day of basics.

LEX
APC
BPT
HPN
SUX
STT
BIS

One had a TOL for FAI.

Class that graduates on 10/05:

ROC
HUF
APC
MFD
PHF
BFI
CAK
SUX
ROC
EUG
ASE
RST
TOL
PRC
DSM
MLI
And finally seems like an SJU request.

For anyone looking to go to HUF at some point they are losing their approach to Indy.

Also EUG and BFI look nice.

This weeks terminal class passed 8/11, not including 1 who quit on the second day of basics.

LEX
APC
BPT
HPN
SUX
STT
BIS

One had a TOL for FAI.

Dadgumit! I tried to weasel my way into STT but that was summarily rejected. And BFI!?

I cannot read this thread. :D

Update on the class currently in PAs. Lost 6 of 17. 5 of those 6 failed on their LC run with you know who...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom