Terminal Class pass rate

That part isn't true.
And if Local 1 score was in the 40s, Local 2 score was also in the 40s, is that evaluator blamed for failing the student on the second Local?
I'm just reporting what I've been told my man. Also I'm not attributing blame if you read what I wrote carefully. That being said, the results speak for themselves.

I'm just reporting what I've been told my man. Also I'm not attributing blame if you read what I wrote carefully. That being said, the results speak for themselves.
I understand all that, and am especially aware of the one grader's lower pass rates or scores given or whatever we want to call it.
I think a large part of that is when student's walk into the TSS lab and see the graders, it causes either extreme nervousness or a sense of ease depending on who it is (especially in the last 1.5-2 years.) Based on trends, probably another 1-2 more will be out tomorrow too.
When my class went through last year we had 17 take the evals. 8 passed and 9 failed. Of those that failed, all of them had you know who for an evaluator on local. Of those that passed, none of them had you know who as an evaluator on local. Okie-dokie.
Voldemort?

I understand all that, and am especially aware of the one grader's lower pass rates or scores given or whatever we want to call it.
I think a large part of that is when student's walk into the TSS lab and see the graders, it causes either extreme nervousness or a sense of ease depending on who it is (especially in the last 1.5-2 years.) Based on trends, probably another 1-2 more will be out tomorrow too.

We noticed a trend in our class that graduated a few months ago. Those of us that had him, showed no signs of fear, gave him a handshake and a smile, were fine. Those that showed fear he tended to take off more points/failed you it seemed.

I can't prove any cause and effect, but if you know what you're doing, you're fine no matter who is grading you. During my local runs after about 5 minutes in I forgot it was even a PA or someone was sitting next to me grading it I was just dialed in and running the problem. You're going to have nerves beforehand that hallway you wait in eats people alive weekly. Just. Breathe.

Can someone please post the next three graduating class dates? Thank you in advance!
For last day of PAs in tower course 50046:
October 4th,
October 26th,
November 1st,
November 9th.
One of those finishing in November is a class of 6 with enroute experience, attending tower class and assigned facilities already.

Obviously everyone has their own opinions, but is there any reason why that's a bad list? is it just the locations of the airports that people don't like or is it the facilities themselves? Just asking for reference, a few of those places sound pretty nice to me haha

Lists are highly subjective depending on everyone's likes or dislikes. What one person like another hates. There is no one list that everyone wants or everyone hates. Pick some place you would be happy living for a few years. And as always make the best of the situation. Rarely do people go to their dream locale right off the bat

Lists are highly subjective depending on everyone's likes or dislikes.

Yeah I'm psyched to go to Maine. I told one of the instructors BGR was on our list and he says "I'd die and go to heaven to go to Maine." I'm not entirely sure what that means but I was like finally someone supports me!

He said "they tell me when you get old you can't handle the winters anymore... But that's bullshit! I'm 70 and I say just put on warmer clothes!" He wasn't happy to be in OK.

Back
Top Bottom