Terminal Class pass rate

How does a facility like JAN have long training time? I couldn't imagine their OpSpecs nor operations to be very complicated. Does it have to do with instructors scheduling time for OJT or simply training fundamental phraseology? I am also not too familiar with the terminal environment.
They launch southwest departures to the northwest that need point outs to d67 like every 7 minutes tho

Wouldn't H show up on a drug screening fairly easily?
Stuff like that only stays in your system a couple days while MJ stays a month

Wait...you guys actually get drug tested?

I thought that was a management joke...
Yea? Our ATM takes our samples every morning. That’s normal right? Doesn’t even give us a magazine though ?

Nebraska sounds like a cold ass rural hell. Minnesota sounds like an even colder hell. But you’re right, pay your dues, and get where you want to be ASAP.

Minneapolis is a great city. Just have to be able to handle a winter that lasts from October to May.

Two from my academy class went to JAN in recent years and both certified in less than a year and a quarter. I think waiting on an academy date for RTF slows the process down.

Also back to the list, even though you'd be isolated obviously if you picked it, OMA is supposedly a really cool /upcoming city.
MIC is in Minneapolis which is a pretty highly desired location as well. Quick checkout time = quicker transfer time. Just have to deal with lvl 4 pay.

I worked at MIC for many years. Yes a level four pushing tinfoil. But you will find a great group of people there that will do everything to get you checked out and moved on to your next facility. Good Union and management relations. About a 15 min drive to and from the MPLS downtown area. Cost of living is not too bad. Winters are bearable. But I have done time in Grand Forks, which is a ton colder. So a bit climatized.

Let me clarify further, IMO anywhere there’s winter is hell.

havent you ever heard "Let Her Go" by Passenger? You only need the light when its burnin' low, and only miss the sun when it starts to snow. We need seasons for balance and clarity. If there was no winter there could be no Spring. That is not a world I'd want to live in. It would be black and white place forever occupied by the oldest, saltiest, crustiest, hired in 1986 entitled a-hole, with no hopes for change or renewal. Level 12 pay w Houston locality and N90 CIP would not be enough! Pick a place with 4 season and you will be better off ?

havent you ever heard "Let Her Go" by Passenger? You only need the light when its burnin' low, and only miss the sun when it starts to snow. We need seasons for balance and clarity. If there was no winter there could be no Spring. That is not a world I'd want to live in. It would be black and white place forever occupied by the oldest, saltiest, crustiest, hired in 1986 entitled a-hole, with no hopes for change or renewal. Level 12 pay w Houston locality and N90 CIP would not be enough! Pick a place with 4 season and you will be better off ?
No clue who the Passenger(s?) is (are?). Don't particularly care for Spring, unless it's that border of Summer when it really starts to warm up. Fall is overrated too. Give me sunny weather 24/7/365 and I'm all smiles. However, I know the ATC deities are going to send me to some small, rural, cold, not diverse spot for my first facility. I'll get back to California in a few years.

CA isn't hard to get to. Especially if you want to try your luck at NCT or SCT.

Recent TETRA class in the last couple weeks also passed 5/5. New development on that side is they finally have their full-time Academy evaluators grading.

I'm genuinely wondering with how the faa was limited in hiring applicants this year due to a lack of pool 1 applicants, if that means pass rates for the academy will be higher since they didn't even hire anyone outside of best qualified category

Back
Top Bottom