Terminal Class pass rate

So they're making people go to Alaska now? Not been paying attention when did that start?

Why does MAF get people on like every 3rd list? Don’t they have like 20 trainees?
We had 3-4 leave on NCEPT around the same time that 2 controller were promoted to sup. Then had 1 controller retire and one age out so went DoD. Also had our NCEPT staffing number increased by 2 or 3. Was a pretty big net loss so had a big influx of trainees. A lot of them are almost done now though.

Last edited:
Hi, all. Could anyone who's been through the more recent classes (from what I understand- the current pass/fail ones are a fairly recent development) please give me their thoughts on how much Basics and general head knowledge factor into success with Tower training across the street? Obviously, it's best to try as hard as one can, every step of the way... but I'd read other forum posts from Academy grads who claim they'd barely passed the academic bits but were great at separating planes. Is this common? Or would memorizing the .65/AIM/etc. be the best thing one could do to prep post-Basics?

Back
Top Bottom